dcsimg

SDS Chisels / Bit set

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I noticed this set today and found it interesting to just keep around for smaller SDS work… Have any of you used it? Or do you just buy the bits you need either in bulk that you use most often or just individual bits/chisels as you go…
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-HCST006-SDS-plus-Masonry-Chisels/dp/B0062I9G2W

John S

I have always just bought what I needed when I need it, especially for this type of thing.

Orange County, CA

Me too, though I am thinking there is a little bit of hypothetical money savings in buying the set like this, though I haven’t crunched the numbers yet.

I actually redeemed some points for the sds bit on the prize list to drill into the concrete in my basement for installing the cabinets…! It worked out great that the bit works perfectly for the anchors I am using, and I am looking forward to putting it to good use

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I just add bits as I need them. I don’t remember the sizes but I only have 5 or so. I use the so infrequently buying a set would not save me enough to tie up the money that long.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I typically just buy what I need. Mostly 3/16 and 1/2″. Other sizes are used very seldom.

Ths SDS for chisels is only for light duty.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I usually buy as needed.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Same here – the things are so expensive. I’m sure I’d save some money buying in bulk but I just don’t go through enough of them. I have a nice Bosch self sharpening tile blade that I use most of the time and I don’t know if i’ll ever wear it out for demoing floor.

Have you guys found the claims regarding self-sharpening chisel bits to be true? I know Hilti claims to have it on some of their chisels… Anyone else claim it/back it up?

I suppose if we were to talk to the right crowd we would find guys who definitely bought chisels and bits in bulk packs of 50 qty haha

John S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.368 seconds