dcsimg

scribe pro

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

has anyone used this or seen this, it seems pretty interesting and i just got an email saying that it is finally available here in north america.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVQSwjT-1Bs?start=162&feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    has anyone used this or seen this, it seems pretty interesting and i just got an email saying that it is finally available here in north america.

From the video it appears that width of cut is quite limited. At somewhere in the neighbourhood of $500, I think I will take a pass.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVQSwjT-1Bs?start=162&feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

From the video it appears that width of cut is quite limited. At somewhere in the neighbourhood of $500, I think I will take a pass.

yah it is a little pricy, but the jig is pretty simple and i can see some of our more handy guys here able to make a jig similar to it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Does seem small and limited for the asking price.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

It’s just too pricey for what it does. $200, I’d maybe get one. I would only be using it for its scribing function. I’ll wait to b7y one when they are being liquidated.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It’s just too pricey for what it does. $200, I’d maybe get one. I would only be using it for its scribing function. I’ll wait to b7y one when they are being liquidated.

LOL yeah, at the price, I do’t see many sales. Liquidation may be sooner than later.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like it but yous are saying $500, And I see some of it is an optional accessory. Ouch on the $$$

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No thanks, I know how to use a router.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I like it but yous are saying $500, And I see some of it is an optional accessory. Ouch on the $$$

On one site I saw a UK price of £300 and did a rough math conversion. I don’t think it’s too far out.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I can scribe just fine with a jig saw, a coping saw and a couple rasp’s. I dont see it saving that much time especially if you have a long board that you still had to cut at the miter saw then have to have a separate coping station where a router and jig are set up.

Clev08
    Pro

I could see it being useful for very precise work, but most of the trim we put up anymore gets caulked at the seams even if it fits perfectly together. This jig is cool but not useful enough for the price in my opinion.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Doesn’t really seam worth it to make straight cuts.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Doesn’t really seam worth it to make straight cuts.

your right, it would be more interesting if the price was cut a little.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

At somewhere in the neighbourhood of $500, I think I will take a pass.

Interesting but way too much.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVQSwjT-1Bs?start=162&feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

yah it is a little pricy, but the jig is pretty simple and i can see some of our more handy guys here able to make a jig similar to it.

Fully agree that this jig looks like a fun (and useful) shop made project. Have the link saved to my not-so-short list. Will have to order more 80/20 stock soon though.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Fully agree that this jig looks like a fun (and useful) shop made project. Have the link saved to my not-so-short list. Will have to order more 80/20 stock soon though.

if you end up making something like it, please keep notes and photos, as i would love to make something similar to this too.

Looks kind of cool but I agree that a shop made jig would be much better if needed. But I enjoy using a coping saw, or Collin’s coping foot on my jigsaw.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It just looks like a DYI tool too me.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.451 seconds