dcsimg

SawStop to be Acquired by Festool Parent Company

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I hope this will mean that other companies will have access to the patent sooner through leasing or some other venue so that more people will have access to safer tools.

Seems like a great business move for SawStop LLC

Doobie

OK, this is unexpected if it’s true. SS to make a $400 portable TS? No way!

Flies in the face of everything we’ve seen and seems very inconsistent with something that would happen under a Festool ownership also. If true, this may be a game changer for them and that class of saw.

http://toolguyd.com/shocking-sawstop-news-a-400-saw-and-cpsc-views-on-regulation-necessitated-licensing/

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/10/542474093/despite-proven-technology-attempts-to-make-table-saws-safer-drag-on

Hi @Doobie I’m fighting over on IG about this and them trying make it law to have a safety feature in all saws . I’m still so pissed at the courts on the patten case Bosch was in . Being bullied for no reason .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Flies in the face of everything we’ve seen and seems very inconsistent with something that would happen under a Festool ownership also. If true, this may be a game changer for them and that class of saw.

Something is not right here. They may have a $400 saw but it’ll be like a printer the cartridges will last only 6 months and be expensive to replace.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Something is not right here. They may have a $400 saw but it’ll be like a printer the cartridges will last only 6 months and be expensive to replace.

Or just simply underpowered and made mostly out of cheap parts I would suspect. I can only imagine how crappy the fence would be. It’ll be aimed at the HO/DIY crowd for sure at that price.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Or just simply underpowered and made mostly out of cheap parts I would suspect. I can only imagine how crappy the fence would be. It’ll be aimed at the HO/DIY crowd for sure at that price.

yah im surprised it isn’t over 4000, maybe it was a typo. lol.

I think there having a big issue with the cost of the saws @r-ice . If they bring in a lower unit to reach the end user . It’s nice to have one of the monsters saws that we all see on IG , YouTube that they have been givin . It’s out of reach on 80% of woodworkers budgets. .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Or just simply underpowered and made mostly out of cheap parts

That’s another possibility as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

yah im surprised it isn’t over 4000, maybe it was a typo. lol.

Or he’s just full of hot air. After all, his last name is Gass! Lol!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@Doobie i can’t remember which company it was but i feel like it could’ve been festool. wasn’t there some company saying they are going to make two lines of tools. one thats made in us, and one that is made overseas?

Doobie

@doobie i can’t remember which company it was but i feel like it could’ve been festool. wasn’t there some company saying they are going to make two lines of tools. one thats made in us, and one that is made overseas?

There are companies that have been doing that for years, but I don’t know which one you might be thinking of. Certainly not Festool as far as I know.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@doobie i can’t remember which company it was but i feel like it could’ve been festool. wasn’t there some company saying they are going to make two lines of tools. one thats made in us, and one that is made overseas?

There are companies that have been doing that for years, but I don’t know which one you might be thinking of. Certainly not Festool as far as I know.

i couldn’t remember who it was, but it was recently someone was making a huge deal out of this as the new policies in place to tax items coming in to the states, so to get around it, they were going to manufacture a higher line in the states.

found it, so just the rail is being made in the states. i wonder if that will impact prices.
    https://www.festoolusa.com/company/news/us-production-line

Doobie

i couldn’t remember who it was, but it was recently someone was making a huge deal out of this as the new policies in place to tax items coming in to the states, so to get around it, they were going to manufacture a higher line in the states.

found it, so just the rail is being made in the states. i wonder if that will impact prices.
    https://www.festoolusa.com/company/news/us-production-line

That is news to me. Very interesting, but they state it won’t affect pricing. We’ll see. I doubt this has anything at all to do with the current rhetoric by the new US administration to promote USA made as a plant like this would have long been in the making prior to last fall’s surprise election results.

Hi @r-Ice I didn’t know that about Festool . Thanks for posting the link for members to read . Festool prices never seem to go down lol .

Doobie

Hi @r-ice I didn’t know that about Festool . Thanks for posting the link for members to read . Festool prices never seem to go down lol .

We’ve seen price drops here in Canada, but only when our dollar has risen against the US dollar signicantly and yas sustained that level for over a year at least. But even when we were at par, we still paid more than US prices.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Hi @r-ice I didn’t know that about Festool . Thanks for posting the link for members to read . Festool prices never seem to go down lol .

We’ve seen price drops here in Canada, but only when our dollar has risen against the US dollar signicantly and yas sustained that level for over a year at least. But even when we were at par, we still paid more than US prices.

yah I don’t think prices will go down for the canadian side. Although i would like a less expensive domino system.

How long are those Pattens Festool has on the Domino @r-ice . Seems to me once they go up . Other company’s make one and price goes down .

Yeah @Doobie you guys get killed up there on prices .

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.269 seconds