dcsimg

SawStop Sues Bosch over REAXX Table Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 229 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does this surprise anyone? Sawstop sues anyone and everyone to get there way.

Yep. He’s an attorney. A patent attorney.

That’s what bottom-feeders will do.

Mods: Sorry about the 2 posts in a row sometimes. I just can’t figure out how to multi-quote. I can get the 2 quotes in there, but then I just make an unholy mess of it, and just have to delete the post anyway.

Delta

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Pretty happy that Bosch is taking on SawStop on this one, hopefully SawStop will lose like they have every other lawsuit so far – 50% of SawStop’s revenue must be going to the legal department these days instead of R&D.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This guy does like to sue companies. He does it a lot. I think he has sued all the other tool companies.
    Hope he gets his butt handed to him.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i was talking to someone higher up at bosch last week about it. he was telling me that they actually expected it and have all their ducks in line so theres nothing really to worry about. the sawstop guy is just trying to use bully tactics after he lost his case to make his tech mandatory on all table saws

good business practice, they knew it could happen and of course it did since his history of sue everything. I wonder how long this is going to go on for. The scary part is the more money he makes from his sawstop the more other “innovations” he may come up with and the more things he can sue for later.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I know people who have practically made a career of filing lawsuits, and winning lots of money, frustrating when it costs the rest of us so much

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Does this surprise anyone? Sawstop sues anyone and everyone to get there way.

Yep. He’s an attorney. A patent attorney.

That’s what bottom-feeders will do.

Mods: Sorry about the 2 posts in a row sometimes. I just can’t figure out how to multi-quote. I can get the 2 quotes in there, but then I just make an unholy mess of it, and just have to delete the post anyway.

Delta

Wow. Thanks makes more sense of the non-stop bullsh**t from them.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here’s a relevant video from the Colbert Report about SawStop and their pushy ways… Colored by some late night humor of course. Take a look, you’ll be glad you did!

http://colbertnation.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/colbert_report/videos/season8/08056/cr_08056_03_16x9.jpg?width=1024&height=576

Sorry guys,,.,technical difficulties!

Here’s a good link to the Colbert Video!

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/hgxqxc/people-who-are-destroying-america—sawstop

He he “We are to polite” to view the video. Will not allow Canadians to watch the video. Have to go and find it on Comedy Channel.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Like I said in the other thread, I do not exactly appreciate how sue-happy the SawStop guy is, but I think it is pretty standard practice to challenge others on patent rights in the tool industry. Case or not.

Agreed. For his patent to to be valid, he has to defend it.
    If he, his lawyers, and the courts can find a similarity in the systems, the latter patent can be invalidated.
    Defending the patent, even when you don’t expect to win, is one of the costs of doing business.

Doobie

a

I’m of the belief he does some of what he does for the publicity and the buzz it creates even if he knows he will lose. Think about it, everybody on these kinds of forums, new and old, know who this guy is and his product now. He’s not an idiot. He just doesn’t care what people think. Typical high end lawyer, it’s all about winning no matter the cost or method.

I’m thinking a strategy would be for him to sell his company at one point, but keep a royalty coming his way. People who deplore him will see he’s gone and then be more apt to now adopt the product and technology who haven’t already been once they ‘think’ he is no longer involved.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

There is nothing wrong with lawyers when they are in their place.

They just haven’t dug enough of them places yet.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m thinking a strategy would be for him to sell his company at one point, but keep a royalty coming his way.

That would be a good solution.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

His initial approach was to license his patent to all the TS manufacturers, sit back and live on royalties. It didn’t work, so he chose to manufacture saws himself.
    I guess he can see the writing on the wall with Bosch coming out with their version (different technology) so he’s looking for the easy way out, again.
    Good luck to him. No doubt he will lose.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

There is nothing wrong with lawyers when they are in their place.

Old joke I know…

“What do you call 200,000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea? A good start!”

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

a

I’m of the belief he does some of what he does for the publicity and the buzz it creates even if he knows he will lose. Think about it, everybody on these kinds of forums, new and old, know who this guy is and his product now. He’s not an idiot. He just doesn’t care what people think. Typical high end lawyer, it’s all about winning no matter the cost or method.

I’m thinking a strategy would be for him to sell his company at one point, but keep a royalty coming his way. People who deplore him will see he’s gone and then be more apt to now adopt the product and technology who haven’t already been once they ‘think’ he is no longer involved.

I guess he’s a believer of any publicity is good publicity.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Exactly, you can’t buy advertising as good as a public scandal that gets picked up by the news. I don’t think bosch would spend all that money developing their technology if they had much risk of being shut down at this stage, but who knows with the court system the way it is. Seems to me that bosch has a much better system, and i hope them or others are able to develop it even further.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Exactly, you can’t buy advertising as good as a public scandal that gets picked up by the news. I don’t think bosch would spend all that money developing their technology if they had much risk of being shut down at this stage, but who knows with the court system the way it is. Seems to me that bosch has a much better system, and i hope them or others are able to develop it even further.

its not even the same system!!! thats what kills me, if it was another little company that made it, the lawsuit might make them fold but bosch has the money and has the lawyers to back them up.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Well you never know, consider much of our gene has been patented, so essentially everyone of us is a walking patent violation lol.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Here’s a relevant video from the Colbert Report about SawStop and their pushy ways… Colored by some late night humor of course. Take a look, you’ll be glad you did!

http://colbertnation.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/colbert_report/videos/season8/08056/cr_08056_03_16x9.jpg?width=1024&height=576

Sorry guys,,.,technical difficulties!

Here’s a good link to the Colbert Video!

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/hgxqxc/people-who-are-destroying-america—sawstop

He he “We are to polite” to view the video. Will not allow Canadians to watch the video. Have to go and find it on Comedy Channel.

What? Censorship in Canada? F- that… ‘Murcia

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

amulder
    Pro
    London, ON

Canada isn’t the one censoring it. It’s the originating web site located in… the home of the brave. 🙂

www.wordsnwood.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Canada isn’t the one censoring it. It’s the originating web site located in… the home of the brave. :-)

they block everything to us, i want to watch Hulu but as the licensing states that probably only one of the big media company is allowed to show it here they can’t let us see it. So blame them.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.546 seconds