dcsimg

SawStop Sues Bosch over REAXX Table Saw

Viewing 9 posts - 221 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • Author

but Bosch has said that they will simply manufacture the cartridges in the USA since the ban is on import not manufacture or sale

Man that is a lot of money to spend for how many saws? I mean how many Reaxx saws did Bosch sell in the US, really?

That is not the question

Its: How much will it cost us if customers dont have faith in our support of expensive products

Also, it won’t be the number sold that matters, it will be the number projected to sell, and whether they believe it still holds true. Likely the number they used to justify the R&D of the thing in the first place

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

……and how long has some sort of flesh sensing technology been around? Seems to me back in the ’80’s we had those lamps that you just touched the base to turn them on and off, or to adjust the brightness.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

but Bosch has said that they will simply manufacture the cartridges in the USA since the ban is on import not manufacture or sale

Man that is a lot of money to spend for how many saws? I mean how many Reaxx saws did Bosch sell in the US, really?

That is not the question

Its: How much will it cost us if customers dont have faith in our support of expensive products

Also, it won’t be the number sold that matters, it will be the number projected to sell, and whether they believe it still holds true. Likely the number they used to justify the R&D of the thing in the first place

This makes sense, if they are able to keep everyone who has one happy with replacement cartridges they will be at the forefront of technology when sawstops patent expires.

CB
    Spectator

……and how long has some sort of flesh sensing technology been around? Seems to me back in the ’80’s we had those lamps that you just touched the base to turn them on and off, or to adjust the brightness.

I wired a house in 1987 with those “flesh sensing” touch dimmers from Leviton. Thirty years later, those dimmers are still working perfectly today. I don’t know how Reaxx or how SawStopp works, but the household dimmer switches are not really sensing “flesh”, they are rather sensing capacitance, or rather, the increase in capacitance that our bodies add to the circuit.

On that same house, I kind of went all in on new electrical switch gizmos. You’ll have to remember, in the 80’s, the new “Decora” style switches and plugs were still quite new, holding novelty status over the figure 8 oval type of switches and plugs that prevailed previously. So I wired in a number of different types of dimmer and delay switches that this new full rectangular format in switch design facilitated.

The ONLY dimmers that lasted without surface membrane degradation were those smooth metal faced capacitance sensing dimmer switches. The other membrane faced switches, delayed off switches, 5 step switches with indicator lamps inside, etc, didn’t hold up to being poked and prodded by finger tips. But the body sensing switches still look new, 30 years later.

Back on topic, I doned my vulture suit on last night, and flew over to Lowes, whistling high in the air as I circled the Bosch Reaxx saws that were not only on display, but also boxed up new in the package, ready to deliver. I was hoping Lowe’s had received the news, and was in fast reaction mode to dump the product before they got stuck holding it in inventory while Bosch pursues yet another legal appeal. No such luck. Still $1,499.00 full sticker no dicker.

I did manage to find a $41.00 electrical part that was discounted to just 75 cents, so the trip wasn’t wasted. But yes, I’d snag a Reaxx if it were priced closer to other portable table saws of that variety, as long as the saw functioned well regardless of whether or not it was flesh sensing. It still has to work well as a table saw, which means it needs a good table, and a good fence.

Doobie

I’d snag a Reaxx if it were priced closer to other portable table saws of that variety, as long as the saw functioned well regardless of whether or not it was flesh sensing. It still has to work well as a table saw, which means it needs a good table, and a good fence.

It is a significantly better all around saw than the non-flesh sensing saw made by Bosch or similarly by Dewalt and others. The price differential is not all related to the flesh sensing aspect.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Jim said whatever happens to table saw doesn’t effect the cartridges. Cartridges will be available to purchase. Since they have 20 year shelf life I am good. Bosch send me extra shots anyway. I still have 4 shot. And retailers will hold the cartridges.60 day thing almost coming up I wonder what’s gonna happen

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This isn’t too old of a thread, and I thought it might be relevant to mention that I saw that Festool bought the Sawstop rights. Might mean some changes coming for both Sawstop and possibly the Reaxx.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Might mean some changes coming for both Sawstop and possibly the Reaxx.

The only changes I see

The price of the Saw Stop will go up

Festool has more money to protect the patent and will not let Bosch with the Reaxx in the US until either the patent expires or Bosch pays a license fee.

Festool already has its lobbyists working on getting regs adopted that will make the flesh detecting table saw required in commercial shops and on work sites.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This isn’t too old of a thread, and I thought it might be relevant to mention that I saw that Festool bought the Sawstop rights. Might mean some changes coming for both Sawstop and possibly the Reaxx.

All things considered, I would much rather give Festool my money than Glass

Viewing 9 posts - 221 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.496 seconds