dcsimg

sawmill

• This topic has 27 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

A new sawmill based on old design of a sash gang saw.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s interesting and confounding all at the same time.

Where did you come across this? It seems home made. Something about the way it takes a minute to reach full speed maybe??

I would think a continuous motion like a bandsaw would be better… But I don’t know anything about sawing logs.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

interesting for sure

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is an interesting mill. I don’t know that I would want to be around it all day. I thought this one that popped up at the end was unique also.

staker
    Pro

It popped up at the end of a video I was watching.

Swing blades are nice and simple and don’t have to man handle the log.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

A new sawmill based on old design of a sash gang saw.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/oCspcZt_xGw?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That is pretty wild , I have only ever seen one with a single blade and it cut horizontally . That sure speeds it up a lot . I bet the blades cost a fortune to sharpen .

staker
    Pro

Would need a saw doctor to sharpen and sat the blade.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I am always amazed when I see old machinery like that that have been preserved in working condition. It really goes to show how far things have come, yet how much they are the same. I think the heritage that is preserved in places like that is invaluable.

Im glad I am watching the video, not the one on it.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

cool videos for sure.

I’ve been thinking of getting a portable band saw style.
    Anyone have any input , In the $5k range.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

A guy I know reps these, the price seems to be right, I don’t know a lot about the saws however.

http://www.hud-son.com/products/product-detail/the-oscar-18ce-sawmill

kzcarp
    Pro

@kurt@welkerhomes The place that sells those Hud – son mills is about 15 miles from me. All kinds of mill and forestry gear.

kevin

staker
    Pro

I am building my own bandsaw mill maybe I can finish it this year if nothing else breaks and get a few spare dollars.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

That’s an interesting mill. Is it an old one, or a new replica of an old, or just an new mill?

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

That’s wild to see in action . Super sharp is a must .

Always willing to learn .

Thanks for all the videos guys. Very interesting to see those mills in action. @jaydee, WoodMizer is another company who makes portable mills: http://woodmizer.com/us/

KenW
    Pro

Yes, thanks for the video’s. I love to see how things were done before my time.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice videos, Thank you for posting. Like to watch old machinery in action. Just goes to show how over built they were.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s a big old bandsaw type mill that’s trailer-able with it’s own wheels just about a mile away from me here at a farm, It doesn’t look like it’s been touched in years. but still good enough shape, I’d love to have one. I think there is money to be made with one around here, I’ve been meaning to go knock on the door over there but never have

staker
    Pro

There’s a big old bandsaw type mill that’s trailer-able with it’s own wheels just about a mile away from me here at a farm, It doesn’t look like it’s been touched in years. but still good enough shape, I’d love to have one. I think there is money to be made with one around here, I’ve been meaning to go knock on the door over there but never have

You don’t know until you go and ask, maybe get a good deal.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.427 seconds