dcsimg

sander

This topic contains 12 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  cranbrook2 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

staker
    Pro

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Umm..why?

Is this supposed to be some kind of belt sander replacement?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Umm..why?

Because he could I guess. Some folks love doing that. Can’t say it will be a great tool though. I would not want it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Umm..why?

Because he could I guess. Some folks love doing that. Can’t say it will be a great tool though. I would not want it.

That’s where I’m at too. It’s huge and probably not very efficient. Think about the max speed of a treadmill. It’s likely too slow for this contraption to be useful.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I’ve been telling the wife for years that was what I was going to do with one I picked up somewhere.
    Neither of us believe it. 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Umm..why?

It is from HomeMadetools a great site where guys build their tools to solve a problem. Hey the guy needed a belt sander, he got a treadmill cheap presto inexpensive belt sander. I like it. You can sign up for their newsletter and get 20 or so links to home made tools 3 times a week. I really enjoy it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

lol that is quite the sander. I would think the treadmill wouldn’t run fast enough to really be that effective but it’s an interesting idea. Might be useful for certain shapes and sizes of projects.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous

HAHA! This is great!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would have to agree with Dan, I don’t think it would run fast enough to do a good job. I am not sure I would need one that big. Now if you could speed it up and mount it vertically like a timesaver, you might have something.

I would have to agree with Dan, I don’t think it would run fast enough to do a good job. I am not sure I would need one that big. Now if you could speed it up and mount it vertically like a timesaver, you might have something.

Anything is possible with some re-engineering .

Always willing to learn .

staker
    Pro

I think it would need a 2hp and 3600 rpm. You can find a used on cheaper than messing with that.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

ya photo shopped? anyway i dont need it

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I think it is very creative and probably would work well if you can control the speed .I would be cautious about standing at the end of it on high speed .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.742 seconds