dcsimg

Sanded grout brands

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve had some fairly serious issues with grout drying lighter than it should, so I’m seeking a new brand to try out.

Both TEC and Mapei aren’t cutting it anymore. Each tends to dry a couple of shades lighter than the color chip and it inevitably leads to the customer asking questions.

What are you guys using?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

About all we have used is the Tec or Mapei. We have not really noticed much of a problem. Over watering the grout can wash out the color somewhat.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I like power grout, I believe it is only sanded.

Regular grouts my setters have always mixed to improve consistency appearance.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I have heard this comment about grout colours before and some just say to pick a shade or two darker to compensate. What about contacting those brands and asking them?

Who knows, maybe there’s something inherent in some tap waters that commonly can skew colour consistencies. Waters are different everywhere for a variety of reasons. If it’s well water, there are minerals like manganese and sulphur that I can see as possible tinting culprits. How about trying distilled water next time?

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.407 seconds