dcsimg

Safety Position and challanges.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

So the guy wouldn’t even listen to you even when confronted, this could turn out to be disastrous if you had continued on the position.

Here’s to your integrity and perseverance to try to do the job right. You are better off away from there. I hope you can land quickly on your two feet.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m glad to see so many people here taking a positive stance on safety.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

@Montreal_Medic

that whole situation is a gong show to be honest with you. regarding the table saw guard thing there are times when its just not possible to make certain cuts wiht a guard in place.

They were cutting 19 inches off of a 4×8 5/8 ply. No push stick. No outfeed support. After a few sheets they added a half ass outfeed support. After ever cut he reach over and behind the blade to grab the long piece.

I would use a track saw or just a skill saw.

Overall it would have taken just a few more minutes.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

So the guy wouldn’t even listen to you even when confronted, this could turn out to be disastrous if you had continued on the position.

Yup a few thousand dollar fine. I can not afford, nor the mental harm of the accident, paper work and put on the hotseat. No to damn old for that BS.

When I was an RN got into a court case and it was brutal. I did not do anything wrong, but as the legal system runs they name everyone, grill your ass, then never say anything….. The suit was settled but it took about 15 years before I could fill out an insurance form with out having to explain.

After I called the lazy ass lawyers and got them to do the job they were supposed to. I got things resolved and my record cleaned. Major stress PITA. I told the lawyer thaey were unprofessional for not contacting me years ago. Her respone was Oh we are to busy. I said that is a well documented unreal excuse. But She did not care or give a darn.

Graduate of university of “Hard Knocks”

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s tough to hear. It’s not how the world suppose to work, but cover your own butt is pretty much always the priority.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well at least you had your say. It sounds to me that guy needs a visit or 2 from the state safety office.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well at least you had your say. It sounds to me that guy needs a visit or 2 from the state safety office.

not sure if that will help if that is what they are used to doing, the typical response will be I’ve been doing it this way for longer than you have been alive, its safe.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

document everything in writing , email, text.

cc everyone at the same time. cover your ass.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

not sure if that will help if that is what they are used to doing, the typical response will be I’ve been doing it this way for longer than you have been alive, its safe.

It’s the heavy fines that really wake them up.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s tough to hear. It’s not how the world suppose to work, but cover your own butt is pretty much always the priority.

I can’t believe it came to this, but I agree with your actions. If you would have been on the hook for someone’s actions and the boss wouldn’t give you any slack to handle things, I’d say the decision had already been made.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well its like giving heavy fines for drinking and driving, heck you could go to jail yet tons of people still run that risk.

well its like giving heavy fines for drinking and driving, heck you could go to jail yet tons of people still run that risk.

Sometimes it takes a generation to change

Drinking and driving is very common in the 50 and up age range, but is actually pretty rare in those younger then that (at least in our city of public transit, .08/nez-rouge, and Uber)

As more people come into trades where safety matters, you will see the good habits forming.

My view is pretty simple. Ive been walking for decades, but I still manage to stub my toe once in a while. Careless mistakes happen, even when the penalty isnt that bad. Any product that either reduces the chance of those mistakes, or the consequences, is better than the alternative.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do not drink and drive.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I don’t drink and drive. Carried to many caskets.

I could not imagine the guilt if something happened.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Sometimes it takes a generation to change

Drinking and driving is very common in the 50 and up age range, but is actually pretty rare in those younger then that (at least in our city of public transit, .08/nez-rouge, and Uber)

As more people come into trades where safety matters, you will see the good habits forming.

My view is pretty simple. Ive been walking for decades, but I still manage to stub my toe once in a while. Careless mistakes happen, even when the penalty isnt that bad. Any product that either reduces the chance of those mistakes, or the consequences, is better than the alternative.

I suppose it’s like seat belts (and a lot of other things), it’s how you were raised and it’s hard to change later in life.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the building trades are getting safer and safer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This is what could happen

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There is always friction between Safety and Production. Most companies will back the safety as it saves them on the bottom line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Geez, it really collapsed at the right time to make a point.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.317 seconds