dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

<P>I really really need to get another face shield, All I’ve been using lately is goggles. Everytime I use the bench grinder or the 4 1/2″ angle grinder I wish I had a face shield too. Y’all know it’s best to wear both I hope, Even with a face shield you should still wear goggles or at least safety glasses. A face shield alone isn’t full protection</P>

<P>No I didn’t know that. I appreciate that advice, Boyd. </P>

Was in a job that under some circumstances required (safety) glasses, goggles, AND a face shield to prevent getting splashed in the face. When you stuck your arms straight out, it would push the face shield up and it would start to come off the back of your head. By then you were past the ‘point of no return’. When I pointed out that the same rule would apply if required to wear an SCBA, the shield part of the rule was dropped. A good idea that wasn’t thought out out and tried.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I wear safety glasses when I cut metal or brick but not for wood

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like to wear safety glasses when ever I cut anything.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Spitting on your glasses works, same thing scuba divers do. Helps cut the fog more than say just wiping them with your sleeve.

A Working Pro since 2004

Thatkid
    Pro

All I ever wear is the 3m safety sunglasses.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Spitting on your glasses works, same thing scuba divers do. Helps cut the fog more than say just wiping them with your sleeve.

Interesting idea, I guess it works for Scuba? I also heard that if you have glass lenses you can burn them with a lighter to reduce fog. Don’t try it unless its on a pair you don’t care about.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Spitting on your glasses works, same thing scuba divers do.

Spitting on them is gross!
    We use the juice from the Noupaka berry.

I thought this might be a fun thread revival: Stuart has a post on another potential use for safety glasses / has a humorous take paralleling tool safety and changing a diaper…

http://toolguyd.com/using-any-tool-is-like-changing-a-babys-diapers/

John S

I use a pair of Oakley M-Frames for my safety glasses. I can swap out he lenses for clear or tinted. Of course they are not cheap but how much are your eyes worth.

The pair already saved my eyes. I remember it well as I just put in a brand new Ice Iridium lens and was burning weeds in my driveway. Guess I held my torch a little too long in one spot and the concrete exploded sending small fragments up hitting my glasses. It happened so fast I didn’t have any time to blink. The fragments hit my Oakleys right where my eye was. In fact the force was so hard it left powder marks outward from where it hit and I felt it on the surrounding area on my face. I was stunned and when I took it off there was a nice divots on the lens and outward marks from the concrete piece exploding on the lens. If I weren’t wearing them I would surely have lost my eyesight in that eye.

I have kept and still use that lens outdoors to remind me how important safety glasses are.

The best $80 I spent on any safety equipment.

Spitting on your glasses works, same thing scuba divers do.

Spitting on them is gross!
    We use the juice from the Noupaka berry.

I use Oakley eyeglass cleaner on all my glasses.

Oakley, Lenscrafters and Sunglass Hut are all owned by the same company and if you buy a sunglass cleaning kit from them, you get free refills for life. Just bring the bottles back and they will refill them free.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I love my Oakley glasses I used to have a pair that I used as safety glasses. The lenses were brownish not too tinted. I used them all the time and they did really well until I ran them over with a skid loader on accident.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As far as I know the Oakley are not Z87 rated and not safety glasses when the OSHA or safety guy walks up.

Oakley are not Z87 rated

Mine are Z87 rated. No OSHA guy going bust me though.

https://www.oakleysi.com/Product_Detail.cfm?id=10

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oakley are not Z87 rated

Oh I didn’t know they made Z87 safety glasses.

Oakley are not Z87 rated

Oh I didn’t know they made Z87 safety glasses.

Military version so maybe that’s why. None of my other Oakley says Z87 on it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i broke down 10 days ago and ordered prescription saftey glasses from sears optical. im a little surprised though they havent come in yet. ive ordered 90% of my glasses from sears and they usually take 4-7 days to come in.. maybe it has something to do with their lab being really busy right now

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

i broke down 10 days ago and ordered prescription saftey glasses from sears optical. im a little surprised though they havent come in yet. ive ordered 90% of my glasses from sears and they usually take 4-7 days to come in.. maybe it has something to do with their lab being really busy right now

Oh great. I now have 2 brand new safety glasses. One for inside and a dark one for outside.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh great. I now have 2 brand new safety glasses. One for inside and a dark one for outside.

Looks like another case of multiples of the same tool 🙂

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like another case of multiples of the same tool :-)

Yea but for different conditions.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Interesting idea, I guess it works for Scuba? I also heard that if you have glass lenses you can burn them with a lighter to reduce fog. Don’t try it unless its on a pair you don’t care about.

Funny, I didn’t know about the glass lenses. Fogged glasses is the worst. Production stopper.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.547 seconds