dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 264 total)
  • Author

We have a big fog up in the morning time and when I put goggles over my glasses it get really bad.

Has anybody found a good anti-fog coating for your glasses lenses?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have a big fog up in the morning time and when I put goggles over my glasses it get really bad.

This could possibly need it’s own thread? I will not comment here.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

A friend of mine works at a power plant and he brought some of the product they use – it is called Clarity Defogit. It works well from what I have seen.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Thank you Chad. I sure could use something that works. I wear regular glasses and when you strap safety goggles over them, they just fog up. I found it in various offerings on Amazon.

This could possibly need it’s own thread? I will not comment here.

Sure if you want to make a new topic that is great, but it seems within the realm of safety glasses and would ‘make sense’ as a progression of the thread

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I don’t use an anti-fog for my safety glasses but I do for my diving masks. The one thing that would get old for me is the slight discomfort and burning you get from using a defogger on goggles. I would be interested to hear if anyone uses defog on sealed goggles?

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

The Bosch safety glasses that came with my 23g pinner and my 28g brad are great.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

What do you like most about the Bosch glasses?

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

What do you like most about the Bosch glasses?

The fit. They are nice like aftermarket ones you would buy. Not the crap giant ones most companies give you to cover their butts.

The lenses are nice too and don’t fog up too much very often.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

That is great to hear. PPE that is over sized and uncomfortable doesn’t get worn and probably leads to more law suites over time. This reminds me of the glasses that Paslode send with the last nailer I purchased through them. Basically I pitched them immediately in favor of my comfortable pair.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

That is great to hear. PPE that is over sized and uncomfortable doesn’t get worn and probably leads to more law suites over time. This reminds me of the glasses that Paslode send with the last nailer I purchased through them. Basically I pitched them immediately in favor of my comfortable pair.

Funny you say that. I’m looking at an unused still in the wrapper pair that pas lose sent with their cordless framing gun. I’ll never wear them ever lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Funny you say that. I’m looking at an unused still in the wrapper pair that pas lose sent with their cordless framing gun. I’ll never wear them ever lol.

I have a few safety glasses still in their package because they are the big fat ones.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I have a few safety glasses still in their package because they are the big fat ones.

Same here.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Same here.

Must be the same ones Hitachi sends out with there nailgun’s.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Got a cheap pair of wrap-arounds for $6 from HD. Seems to be a good price to me. Nothing fancy

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just opened a goggle I had to use to cut a lot of asbestos stucco.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Yeah, you would not want that stuff in the eyes Dirty! Goggles are great. I use them for grinding sometimes when it’s really windy up there.

A Working Pro since 2004

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Smart move for protection from ther crap mope you had a mask too.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think you needed more than just goggle’s for that one Dirty.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I don’t use an anti-fog for my safety glasses but I do for my diving masks. The one thing that would get old for me is the slight discomfort and burning you get from using a defogger on goggles. I would be interested to hear if anyone uses defog on sealed goggles?

Divers have always used spit in the masks – can’t imagine how it was discovered, but it works. In a pinch, it also works on PPE, but not recommended for those that chew ;).
    There are also goggles with vent holes on the sides that usually don’t fog as badly.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.777 seconds