dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Thatkid
    Pro

I have a pear of safety glasses that are just basically sun glasses I wear most of the time.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

You know I’ve always wondered if there’s any difference between safety glasses and sun glasses in terms of protection – just talking about garden variety and not the specialized shields. Are sunglasses any worse than safety glasses?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a set of RX safety glasses I were all the time, work and elsewhere.

I buy the 3M OSHA approved impact resistant sunglasses at home depot for $5 and the yellow lens fastcaps for interior work

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I also have the problem with glasses fogging up when working. Sometimes I use CSA approved glasses and other times I opt for the visor that attaches to my helmet and provides full protection of the face. I have even been known to wear the safety glasses under the visor if lots of material is flying about.

A Working Pro since 2004

Attachments:

At the moment I’m using dewalts safety glasses . I’m pretty happy with them .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Those are pretty sweet @skillman . how much did they cost? I’m going through a pair of safety glasses every two weeks.

BTW Uvex must be good since they are using them for the Abola crisis.

A Working Pro since 2004

Those are pretty sweet @skillman . how much did they cost? I’m going through a pair of safety glasses every two weeks.

Picked up 5 of them . They were marked down at the big box store $5.00 . Also have clear ones .

Always willing to learn .

I’m going through a pair of safety glasses every two weeks.

Because they are getting scuffed up or you lose them or you drop them off the building or…? That is impressive!

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m ready to pull the trigger on some new RX safety glasses because I just got my eyes checked.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I usually use a pair of RX wrap around sunglasses outdoors. I’ve got a pair of Dewalt goggles that use when it gets really messy.

Bert

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I usually use a pair of RX wrap around sunglasses outdoors.

Are these Z87 safety glasses?

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Picked up 5 of them . They were marked down at the big box store $5.00 . Also have clear ones .

Great price! I’m heading to HD this morning, hope to find the same deal. Thanks

I’m going through a pair of safety glasses every two weeks.

Because they are getting scuffed up or you lose them or you drop them off the building or…? That is impressive!

Yeah John I drop them occasionally, they also get scratched by grinding and chipping, sealant gets on them also and various other stuff. I’m use to the company having a case of glasses not just a pair. :S

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I usually use a pair of RX wrap around sunglasses outdoors. I’ve got a pair of Dewalt goggles that use when it gets really messy.

Nice safety glasses, do they work over your glasses?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe those Dewalt goggles are made by uvex – I grabbed a non-dewalt version of them as well:
    http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S3400X-Uvextreme-Anti-Fog-Neoprene/dp/B0010ZJ50U

Found a great price elsewhere and couldn’t resist. They fog up a little but are a little bit better than some of my other safety glasses

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They fog up a little

I my climate I have to keep some anti fog juice with me.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I usually use a pair of RX wrap around sunglasses outdoors.

Are these Z87 safety glasses?

Yes. Z87+ ANSI
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Safety-Goggles-Concealer-with-Clear-Anti-Fog-Lens-DPG82-11C/202220499

Bert

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Nice safety glasses, do they work over your glasses?

They did fit over my previous RX frames. The glasses in my avatar image.

Bert

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They did fit over my previous RX frames. The glasses in my avatar image.

Ok great. Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have a big fog up in the morning time and when I put goggles over my glasses it get really bad.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.832 seconds