dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I like the idea of a full face mask. It might seem like overkill but I remember from my scuba days that the full mask was always way more comfortable. Agreed to MDF it is something I would try. I hate working with that stuff because of the dust, when I was taking up particle board last week it was similar, awful stuff for the lungs.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

It definitely would keep out MDF dust and you don’t have to hassle with cleaning off your face after a lot of cutting.

I think you can get one for around a hundred bucks and they take the standard 3m filter cartridges like my half face mask.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

protective goggles helps to prevent rubbing of the eyes when asleep and to reduce dry eyes. Goggles price depends upon prescription and brand.

Safety Spectacles<br>
    Safety Goggles

Dude you sound like a spambot! wHAT R YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Why in gwads green earth would you ware safety glasses while sleeping you dumb ask!!!! Please answer me this!!

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

This is a ‘gotta get in the habit’ topic for me.
    I had some plastic safety goggles years ago. What a joke. Wore them once.
    Recently I bought a full face shield and some DeWalt safety glasses.
    So, what happens? I cut a vertical blind header rail, get a piece of aluminum right in my eye, then I say to myself, ‘duh, you have safety glasses!’
    Next time I used the full face shield.

I’m working on getting in the habit of reaching for the eye protection, but that’s a slow learn for me.

I have hepa masks, gloves of all sorts and I only remember them AFTER I finish the job. I’m awful about that. I think I’ll make a special shelf next to my saws specifically for these safety items so I’ll see them right away when I get ready to do a job.

Thanks for posting this topic, Jason. It’s an important reminder to me to be safe.

Pat

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

protective goggles helps to prevent rubbing of the eyes when asleep and to reduce dry eyes. Goggles price depends upon prescription and brand.

Safety Spectacles<br><br>
    Safety Goggles

Dude you sound like a spambot! wHAT R YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Why in gwads green earth would you ware safety glasses while sleeping you dumb ask!!!! Please answer me this!!

It looks like Larry has left the building.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I wear sunglasses always so they are my safety

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

After reading this topic, I got motivated. Here’s what I did today and I hope it helps me to remember to use the safety stuff:

Pat

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nicely done Pat.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Thanks Dirty. I just hope I remember to use them 🙂

Pat

Good job, Pat. I have used fulll shields before, especially if turning something on the lathe.

Not safety, but how do you like the Kreg jig I see hanging back there?

Orange County, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really really need to get another face shield, All I’ve been using lately is goggles. Everytime I use the bench grinder or the 4 1/2″ angle grinder I wish I had a face shield too. Y’all know it’s best to wear both I hope, Even with a face shield you should still wear goggles or at least safety glasses. A face shield alone isn’t full protection

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I really really need to get another face shield, All I’ve been using lately is goggles. Everytime I use the bench grinder or the 4 1/2″ angle grinder I wish I had a face shield too. Y’all know it’s best to wear both I hope, Even with a face shield you should still wear goggles or at least safety glasses. A face shield alone isn’t full protection

No I didn’t know that. I appreciate that advice, Boyd.

Pat

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I love to see the safety equipment right by the tool that you will use it with. I keep all of my shop safety right next to the router table or in the garage hanging where I grab power from. If its an inconvenience to be safe then people get hurt.

Great point about the face shield, I need to pick one up for grinding and sharpening.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I keep all of my shop safety right next to the router table or in the garage hanging where I grab power from.

Aha!! So, you’re one of those power grabbers, eh! Muahahahaha!

Sorry, couldn’t resist it 🙂

Pat

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Aha!! So, you’re one of those power grabbers, eh! Muahahahaha!

🙂

A great reminder on why we should all be wearing PPE

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

A great reminder on why we should all be wearing PPE

It’s funny how they rigged that trim gun so it would shot like that or they could never had made that video. In real life the gun would need to be pressed ageist the eye glasses to shoot and shot whoever does that need a nail in the eye! I think all this PPE stuff just takes away from ones own sense of responsibility. I work in a world where there is no NO misses step or I will go down and be hurt so I stay reasonable for my self.

I use the cheap $3 pair of uvex i alway keep a pair of tinted and a pair of clear on my dashboard and a new pair in an hold plastic screw case in my tool box for when i loose one or scratch it too much.

For anyone who has a hard time finding their eye safety and their hearing protection… This seems like an interesting combo to handle that issue 🙂

http://www.sellssafety.com

John S

That is interesting, John. I prefer the foam inserts and I now wear prescription safety glasses with side shields.

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

too bulky for my liking. You need to find something that’s comfortable. Like 110% comfortable, if not you don’t use it.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.553 seconds