dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Dan, love the “Safety Selfie”. I am a fan of the mask, it is incredibly smooth to breath through and besides getting warm like any respirator it is a superior product. I ended up with a large size mask and I think its the perfect fit.

woodman_412

Dirty, I bought the safety glasses locally.

I really like the North mask now that I’ve been using it for awhile. The filters are pretty economical to buy and are N95 rated. I’ve been wondering lately if I would want even finer filtration but the filters go up in price the finer you go.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve worn safety glasses all my life on & off the job, I’ve tried them all and I like the UVEX brand the best. I use goggles over my glasses when working with any power tool

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Boyd, I agree, I only run UVEX. Something about the ergonomics and fit is just superior to other brands.

Where do you guys get them? I assume they come in different sizes?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Lon, I get alot of mine from Uline or Amazon.com Home depot has a great selection of 3M safety glasses like the tinted ones that I wear as sunglasses.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Where do you guys get them? I assume they come in different sizes?

I get my RX safety glasses online.

I am referring specifically to the Uvex goggles. I will check at Amazon – I thought they would be part of the answer.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’m a bit eye-paranoid as well. I often wear contacts, only because I honestly never thought about getting prescription safety goggles until reading this – ha. I think I’m going to do that now. I have pair of wrap-around DeWalt’s similar to the Uvex pair that Jason posted, they’re great and come apart into pieces to make them easy to clean when the dust gets in. Most of the time I wear some ‘lighter’ Uvex brand goggles that are a bit more comfortable – meaning I will always wear them. Regardless of what I’m doing they’re on – I’ve even caught myself wearing them into stores because they’re comfortable enough I forget that they are on.

Dan, love the “Safety Selfie”. I am a fan of the mask, it is incredibly smooth to breath through and besides getting warm like any respirator it is a superior product. I ended up with a large size mask and I think its the perfect fit.

haha maybe this should be the picture Dan submits to be on the top 😛

Dan – are you noticing that the N95 is not sufficient for you? Can you tell your body isn’t happy with you or what?
    I am definitely going to get a north mask in the near future

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am referring specifically to the Uvex goggles. I will check at Amazon – I thought they would be part of the answer.

Lon, these are the goggles that I just picked up from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U9VE94/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We are on the same page because I ordered the same exact one last night. 🙂

woodman_412

haha maybe this should be the picture Dan submits to be on the top :P

Dan – are you noticing that the N95 is not sufficient for you? Can you tell your body isn’t happy with you or what?<br>
    I am definitely going to get a north mask in the near future

lol well if I submit that pic for the top John nobody will know it’s me except you guys 😛

I’m not finding any issues with the N95 filters, I had just wondered about finer filters since they are available. I think I’m just going to stick with N95 since they are a good balance of protection and cost value. From what I’ve seen the filters that are rated at P100 and such are more for asbestos, lead etc.

Dan

danpattison.com

Attachments:
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

John for anything short of asbestos (or my shop floor 🙂 ) I run N95 filters. I have had good luck with them and they are only about a buck a piece. I was intrigued by pre-filter that you can get for the 3m mask. I have to do some more research to see if its a good deal or not though.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Replacement-Prefilter-Facepiece-Respirators/dp/B00011Q1ME

woodman_412

So how are those filters used Jason?

Anytime I don’t think that my N95 mask will cut it for what I’m doing I have my chemical cartridge respirator to put on to give me extra protection.

Dan

danpattison.com

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am not positive dan but it looks like you use a pre-filter holder that locks onto the 3m mask and then you just toss in those filters. I may be off base with that though.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

jason, it borderline is.. i have the exact same mask.. the only differnce is a slight variation in the shape of hte filter from the masks and no strap of course..

dan how do you find the saftey glasses, ive thought about it but never bite.. i just picked up new glasses on saturday.. the thing is for me … based on my prescription the lenses are the exact same plastic as saftey lense only difference is i dont have the side wings.. and thats as per what theyve told me at the glasses store

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Since it most guys wear safety glasses with their respirators have you guys ever thought about going full face mask respirator?

At first it looks like overkill but it might make sense.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have actually jason, princess auto sells them here. it woiuld make for a much more comfortable fit when wearing glasses

princess auto is sorta like harbour freight in the states

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yea Jason that looks like what I need for all the MDF I mill up. It has very fine dust that gets everywhere.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.560 seconds