dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 9 posts - 261 through 269 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The hearing protection I really need to step up my game .

That’s an area I’ve been negligent on as well, even in the shop. I hate the foam type plugs, and find that working in the summer the headphone style can get sweaty.

Are there better solutions or premium headwear that doesn’t sweat as bad?

No worries about the sweat, it’s just the poisons leaving our bodies.

The hearing protection I really need to step up my game .

That’s an area I’ve been negligent on as well, even in the shop. I hate the foam type plugs, and find that working in the summer the headphone style can get sweaty.

Are there better solutions or premium headwear that doesn’t sweat as bad?

I am also guilty of that too , plus growing up with Pioneer stereos blasting in my ears didn’t help either .

A Marantz stereo I bought almost 40 years ago still gets blasted occasionally to this day was my eardrum abuser.

Mine is the 2226B. Or is it B2226 Marantz still working great. Gyro tuning wheel

Any way back to safety glasses

Doobie

Mine is the 2226B. Or is it B2226 Marantz still working great. Gyro tuning wheel

Any way back to safety glasses

Mines a 2235B. And yes, back to glasses.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So they could not get the lenses out and in the new frames so I’m getting new frames and lenses.
    Now that’s service.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Importance of proper safety glasses. Wearing prescription glasses with side Shields. Cutting with grinder hot metal bounced off brim of my hard hat and went behind glasses

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Importance of proper safety glasses. Wearing prescription glasses with side Shields. Cutting with grinder hot metal bounced off brim of my hard hat and went behind glasses

Man you got lucky. Could have been much worse.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Geeze man , lucky it wasn’t worse , I have prescription safety glasses also , but we have to wear another pair of goggles or another pair of glasses that have a foam ridge around the frames that push right up against the face ,
    But if a hot piece of metal or glass get in the foam area , could make it worse.
    How’s your eye , hopefully nothing long term affected

Wow…very lucky! I wear the same kind and have not thought about stuff getting behind the glasses. I suppose a full shield would help with the head band to prevent an opening at the top. I ALWAYS wear hearing and eye protection….always. Just not worth the risk.

Orange County, CA

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

yikes. I wear glasses normally so I rarely put on additional safety glasses because I didn’t think there is a high likelihood of debris flying down from above below or the sides. This makes me think this through again.

My close call was prying a deeply embedded nail off a stud with a long pry bar and the nail finally came off flying straight at my face with such a strong impact it knocked my glasses off my face.

Viewing 9 posts - 261 through 269 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.502 seconds