dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well the two times I have had metal taken out of my eyes the used a Dremel looking tool. Not a magnet.

Wow! Just wondering how they did that using a dremel type tool. I would think a magnet would just reverse the direction of the metal going into your eye and it would come out.

I really hate it when working under a car and rusty metal falls into your eye. Sometimes even when wearing safety glasses the rust gets into your eye from the side.

It just kinda ground off part of the eye till they can get to the metal sliver.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Well the two times I have had metal taken out of my eyes the used a Dremel looking tool. Not a magnet.

Wow! Just wondering how they did that using a dremel type tool. I would think a magnet would just reverse the direction of the metal going into your eye and it would come out.

I really hate it when working under a car and rusty metal falls into your eye. Sometimes even when wearing safety glasses the rust gets into your eye from the side.

My god Ron, that sounds archaic compared to the magnet. It all sounds like a good reminder for me to wear me PPE 100% with tool and action.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I think I’m gonna barf!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My god Ron, that sounds archaic compared to the magnet. It all sounds like a good reminder for me to wear me PPE 100% with tool and action.

It is strange to see and hear the tool while while they are doing the removal.

Ron

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It is strange to see and hear the tool while while they are doing the removal.

I had my ear bitten by a German Sheppard as a kid at the cottage. it took about 12 stitches and the top part was detached. I had to hold in in place as my parents drove out of the wilderness and into North Bay over an hour away. When they did the stitches I could hear the needle going through part of skin because it was so close to my ear drum. Uhhggg

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The other thing I should have leaned a while ago is hearing protection.

WHAT?
    PPE on the eyeballs is a must for me. I only have two of them.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I prefer a high impact face shield because I wear glasses.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Any suggestions on brands or styles? I need to get a face shield, too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I only have two of them.

And they’re rather shifty looking.

Summer time I usually don’t forget my safety glasses cause I have my sun glasses on . The hearing protection I really need to step up my game .

Not sure if it’s work or what but hearing sometimes is hard to understand someone talking to me .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

The hearing protection I really need to step up my game .

That’s an area I’ve been negligent on as well, even in the shop. I hate the foam type plugs, and find that working in the summer the headphone style can get sweaty.

Are there better solutions or premium headwear that doesn’t sweat as bad?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That’s an area I’ve been negligent on as well, even in the shop. I hate the foam type plugs, and find that working in the summer the headphone style can get sweaty.

I am also guilty of that too , plus growing up with Pioneer stereos blasting in my ears didn’t help either .

I haven’t found one that doesn’t sweat during hot times of year .

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

dremel tool to the eye to take out shards of metal, okay you have me convinced. i’ll need a new set of safety glasses, the ones that don’t fog up.

I like the 3M ones from home depot

Doobie

I am also guilty of that too , plus growing up with Pioneer stereos blasting in my ears didn’t help either .

A Marantz stereo I bought almost 40 years ago still gets blasted occasionally to this day was my eardrum abuser.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here are my 2 current RX safety glasses. The dark sunglasses I use as everyday sunglasses. The clear one I use for indoor work.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use RX safety glasses. In fact I’m getting a replacement from the store in Walmart because the nose rubbers are falling off mine.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Any suggestions on brands or styles? I need to get a face shield, too.

GasPro on Dillingham has em.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I use RX safety glasses. In fact I’m getting a replacement from the store in Walmart because the nose rubbers are falling off mine.

You can’t beat the warranty on the Walmart glasses. My brother in law had a puppy chew up his glasses and Walmart replaced them no questions asked.

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.494 seconds