dcsimg

Safety Glasses

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Some may call me risk adverse but I am always thinking about safety equipment. I recently picked up a pair of Uvex safety goggles for insulation and fine dust work. I am very impressed with them, they have a very soft rubber seal and crystal clear lenses. I tried them out with my new respirator and I didn’t get any fogging.

Do you guys wear safety glasses or goggles, if so what kind?

Nice setup. I just use a basic pair of clear safety glasses (shaped like sporty sunglasses)

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Funny you say that John, I use 3M safety glasses as my go-to sunglasses. The beauty is they are only $10 and really durable.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I use ESS CDI glasses. I have a couple pair, and if the lenses get tore up, I can just buy replacements which I get on the military base for a pretty good deal.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use RX safety glasses when ever I work.

Attachments:
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have prescription glasses. For my work wear I buy large lens glasses with polycarbonate lens and put side shields on them. I have taken a couple of bad blows to the eyes and this set up has protected me so far. Worst was the metal side of an above ground swimming pool. It was rolled up and when I started putting it on the trailer something slipped or fell or something. The sheet metal came down on my head. Cut my face, sliced a huge gouge out of my glasses and knocked me to the ground. Eyes were in good shape, rest of me not so much.

Some may call me risk adverse but I am always thinking about safety equipment. I recently picked up a pair of Uvex safety goggles for insulation and fine dust work. I am very impressed with them, they have a very soft rubber seal and crystal clear lenses.

Jason, is there room for a standard size pair of glasses with that Uvex goggle? Great point on the fine dust and eyes. It doesn’t look like it. I wish I could find something that works with my glasses.

I have prescription glasses. For my work wear I buy large lens glasses with polycarbonate lens and put side shields on them. I have taken a couple of bad blows to the eyes and this set up has protected me so far. Worst was the metal side of an above ground swimming pool. It was rolled up and when I started putting it on the trailer something slipped or fell or something. The sheet metal came down on my head. Cut my face, sliced a huge gouge out of my glasses and knocked me to the ground. Eyes were in good shape, rest of me not so much.

Yikes Jerry glad you are still in one piece… I definitely think I need to rethink my current eye protection because mine lack side protection…

John S

Timely post — I get to pick up my new prescription safety glasses tomorrow! I never had ones with the side shields, but I opted to buy them as using glasses and having safety goggles over them was hot and impaired vision. I think my new set-up will work out much better and give me better protection.

Orange County, CA

I never thought of it that way Scot… Good thoughts!

I know these aren’t the exact model that I use, but it is close. http://www.amazon.com/DPG52-1C-Contractor-Performance-Lightweight-Protective/dp/B000RKQ1II
    From what you are all saying, I think keeping my eyes safe and healthy is worth a little bit more of an investment than this cheap pair I got… though it works quite well for what it is

John S

As long as they are up to ANSI standards then I think you are OK.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

As long as they are up to ANSI standards then I think you are OK.

I have the safety officers check for the Z87 on mine. On the military bases we have to wear full goggles like the ones up top.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Some may call me risk adverse but I am always thinking about safety equipment. I recently picked up a pair of Uvex safety goggles for insulation and fine dust work. I am very impressed with them, they have a very soft rubber seal and crystal clear lenses. I tried them out with my new respirator and I didn’t get any fogging.
    <P></P>
    <P>Do you guys wear safety glasses or goggles, if so what kind?</P>

Do you wear them every time you work in your shop ?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wear mine at all times at work because it could be the nail from across the room that takes your eyeball out!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i wear prescription glasses.. trying to wear safteys over top of them just creates a wind tunnel which funnels more dust towards my eyes…

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Thanks for the suggestions: I have been looking at getting a new pair, been looking at the Dewalt brand, right now just use the cheapo clear plastic ones.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Some may call me risk adverse but I am always thinking about safety equipment. I recently picked up a pair of Uvex safety goggles for insulation and fine dust work. I am very impressed with them, they have a very soft rubber seal and crystal clear lenses. I tried them out with my new respirator and I didn’t get any fogging.<br>
    <P></P><br>
    <P>Do you guys wear safety glasses or goggles, if so what kind?</P>

Do you wear them every time you work in your shop ?

I wear the goggles when I am using the miter saw or sanding. For other less dusty work I run some Uvex safety glasses that had a neck strap on them. They are lighter and easier to wear.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I like those straps but they get very ripe in no time

woodman_412

Those are some great looking goggles Jason. I could use a pair of those when I’m using the laminate trimmer since the dust flies in all directions from it and gets around safety glasses. How do you like the mask that you have on in the pic?

Here’s a pic of my prescription safety glasses that I’ve had for a few months now as well as the mask that I’ve been wearing.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dan did you buy those locally or online?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.685 seconds