dcsimg

Rust Never Rest , What treatment do you use ?

This topic contains 65 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  gtaylor 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Thanks glad to share . It’s just one of those things that’s to easy not to share .

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

18406ej
    Pro
    Keizer, OR

Our 15 year-old front load washing machine exploded. After scavenging parts one of the pieces in the pile was the perforated stainless steel tub. For those of you who use stainless as your Cathode in the electrolysis process you know that the metal can be washed free of contaminant sludge after each use and becomes just like new. Now all I need is a large enough plastic container to hold the stainless tub, some wire from which to hang the Anode into the tub and I will have an easily maintained Electrolysis unit with near 360-degree coverage.

Note: I have found that a pump used to circulate the electrolyte within the tub results in a faster result with better removal of rust. While I once used a small submersible aquarium water pump I now need to determine if the functioning washing machine drain pump with much greater output will work as well.

Eamon

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

great video, That is an interesting approach. I guess 58chev, this is what you’d rather use than your conventional approach to cleaning up your parts.

The approach just depends on how heavily the item is rusted . Light rust will glass bead .
    When there’s heavy rust deep pits . It would have taken a serious sandblaster equipment to even get close to this electrolysis . Later will post finished cart with granite top and bottom that will go in my wife’s store .

Eventually I need to turn my 45GAL drum into a electrolysis tank.

I have been using Molasses to remove rust, I haven’t been in a hurry to clean up my parts. 🙂

@gtaylor,
    Looking forward to pictures of the finished cart.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been using Molasses to remove rust, I haven’t been in a hurry to clean up my parts.

I use molasses too. I like to just let it soak and forget. Keep a 5 gal pail set up with stuff in it de-rusting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I have been using Molasses to remove rust, I haven’t been in a hurry to clean up my parts.
    Bill what ratio die mix molasses an water ?

I use molasses too. I like to just let it soak and forget. Keep a 5 gal pail set up with stuff in it de-rusting.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Eamon thanks for to tip . That will make my tank better with a stainless and circulating pump

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.394 seconds