dcsimg

Router Tables

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    woodman_412

That’s a sweet deal! I just got a Bosch 2-1/4 hp combo kit on sale at Canadian Tire for $247. I needed something with variable speed for running the bigger bits and my older Porter Cable doesn’t have variable speed. I find the Bosch works really well in the table with the micro adjust feature from above the table.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

nice! i havent used a bosch full size router in about 7 years.. a buddy just picked up one the Rona thats closing. it was in the rental center but had never been used.. he paid $70 for it. along with a bosch power plane for $30 that only had like 4 hrs on it.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Oh yeah do you know what’s going on with the Rona closing Jeff? I heard that someone was buying the building from them but are they opening up somewhere else?

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

as far as i know their keeping the building to use it for a rental space but that may have changed.. they bought the lot next door to the robie street location and knocked down the used car dealershiip there.. they will be building a new store front there and moving in to that spot then closing the original robie store.. thats my understanding anyway.. havent really asked the guys on the desk about it though even with it being the location i get all my lumber from

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an Old POS handyman table that doubles as a make shift table saw using a circular saw upside down LOL. It gets me by but certainly NOT for the professionals

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

right now I am looking at this model, heavy to cut vibration and space saving
    http://www.benchdog.com/ProMax.cfm

redwood
    Pro

I have a decent Bosch Router Table that I mounted wheels to. I’m surprised that so many of you make your own.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

whoa Daniel – that is no joke! Just mount it to your table saw, it looks like?

Mark – I think there are a couple of true woodworkers here who would prefer to highly customize their setup / to buy a solid one that has the precision they want costs a lot of $$ rather than a little lumber and time and thought.

John S

redwood
    Pro

Here is mine, though it seems to be out of production and I’m pretty sure I paid less then $ 200 for it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

woodman_412

I’m toying with the idea of building a custom router table setup in the extension table of my table saw and incorporating some of the Kreg parts. It would save some floor space doing that and also make use of the infeed and outfeed space that is there for the table saw anyway. It would let me put something else where my router table is now.

Dan

danpattison.com

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Hey let me tell you about precision; i had to shim the ryobi router table fence just to get it straight 🙂

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

John yes mounts right to many saws, though some may need drilling. comes with good fence with dust collection attached. If i had the room maybe a custom stand alone would be the way to go. I am working in a tight 1 car space so saving space for a router table would be important.

The ONLY drawback i see is that i can not bounce back and forth between the saw and the router. I will just have to plan my jobs well. I figure i will also mount the right wing “that is replaced with the larger router table” to the left extension replacing the melamine i have there now.

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Rockler has a pretty sweet table design. It is pretty $$$, but I love the micro adjustment features.

I am also really impressed with Rockler’s lineup of router tables.

If you are tight on space and just want a benchtop router table, I am thinking that kreg’s is the best model… anyone agree?

John S

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

i think if you want a real quality router table, go rockler – they do seem real nice or at least they should be for the money, lol

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Yeah, I don’t personally own a Rockler anything because of $$, biut have used their router tables and they are pretty sweet. Like others on here, my homemade one works just fine.

I really like my little Bench Dog Tools router table. The newer Bosch model is almost exactly the same and it works really well — bought one for my Dad’s shop and it works great. Can tuck away under a bench if not needed.

Orange County, CA

Scot – as in the benchtop size one or the full size router table?

John S

I have two tables. One is the benchtop size — for me it works perfectly for most things. I also have a Rockler top that I use and just set up between two saw horses. When I do not need it, it is easy to dissasemble and store next to a wall. I can also have two router set-ups if needed for certain operations. I find it works well. The Benchdog table and fence has a lot of features and functionality of the bigger units, but in a smaller footprint. If money were no object the Festool CMS is nice with sliding table, but that requires investment in a Festool router in addition to a sizeable investment in the table itself. So far I have been really happy with my Benchdog set-up.

Orange County, CA

I have a Jess-Em table, lift and fence. Works quite well. They make some nice accessories to go with it to. It seems to get used on every project. I also added an MLCS vertical router table but have not been able to put it to use yet. Thought about a Bench Dog for portability. Nice to hear the good reports.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.606 seconds