dcsimg

Router Pantograph Jig

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Pat. I’ve never heard of a pantograph. It’s an nice concept.

I agree, thanks for sharing that info. I never considered a pantograph before. It looks like a highly specialized thingy that I’m not that specialized to use. But good luck with yours.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m certainly not claiming that a router could turn things better than a lathe, but I had mentioned that this was the author’s opinion. I was wondering what you guys thought and sound like you’re more into fruit J/K

Yes, I’m enjoying the learning process with the router and table. I just finished attaching the router to the table. Took a lot of courage, LOL. So, next step is attaching the fence. Then in a couple of weeks I should be moving on to the big step – Attaching A BIT!! And then I’ll graduate to Router 102 – Making a Cut!!

So, I think I might be able to answer some questions maybe in 2016, if you can wait that long!

Edit: Oh, and I thought I’d mention that maybe, just maybe I might start learning about lathes in about 20 years. That would put me close to 90 years old, so you can get back to me at that time and ask any questions you have for me about lathes. Right now I can’t even tell you what they look like

LOL yer funny, And yeah I knew it was the author that made that statement..As I kept reading I see you bought a pantograph, How exciting and A big Congrats on that. which one did ya get? I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun with it.

I learned how to use a metal lathe way back in high school and had access to one for many years after, I’ve made a lot of stuff for mechanical uses. But I’ve done a few decorative things too plus a cute little brass hammer that I still have today LOL. I sure wish I had another one, They’re really fun but very dangerous. Anyone who gets one rather it be for wood or metal, Big or small needs to take a course BEfORE using it. I can’t think of any power tool more dangerous

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

You’re welcome, Sven.

Oh, here’s a riddle for you guys: What did the toolaholic do when she found out about a new tool?

Of course! The answer is: She bought the pantograph!! LOL.<br>
    Now, I don’t know if I’ll ever use it, but it seems cool. Could there be a better reason to buy a tool for a toolaholic? :)

@desertduces Pat, you at least need to use it at least once and show us an example of what it does. We need to see some results and a review.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

@desertduces Pat, you at least need to use it at least once and show us an example of what it does. We need to see some results and a review.

Oh my goodness, the pressure’s on me now! LOL.

Well, I just got the pantograph jig today. Came a day early. I’m in the process of assembling it and I will try it out on some scrap wood. I’ll post photos…

Here’s photo #1. It’s the pantograph just unboxed. It comes with an instructional CD plus 5 entire stencil sets and of course the owner’s manual and instruction sheets.

Pat

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Are those stencils just paper or something a little bit more solid? They look kind of cheap.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Are those stencils just paper or something a little bit more solid? They look kind of cheap.

They call them stencils but they’re actually paper. There’s a ton of them. There are 5 different fonts and a page for each character. I don’t think you need anything sturdier because you’re just going to lightly pass the stylus over it to trace the pattern which transfers to the router.

I didn’t set mine up because it looked used. First time I ever got something that looked used from Amazon. I’ll get the replacement tomorrow.

Pat

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Cool Pat, can’t wait to hear how you like it, let us know once you can put it to work.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I didn’t set mine up because it looked used. First time I ever got something that looked used from Amazon. I’ll get the replacement tomorrow.

Well that’s just dandy. Thanks for the info though.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I got my replacement pantograph today. I started putting it together and should be practicing with it soon.

Pat

If I made signs and things I think it would be very useful. Have never had the need for one personally.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe they thought they could pull one over on ol DD.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Maybe they thought they could pull one over on ol DD.

If they thought that, they were wrong, eh? LOL

Pat

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice, can’t wait to see what you do with it. Going to make signs for the apartments?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looking forward to the first try. I always wanted onemof those to play with.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.525 seconds