dcsimg

Router hinge Template

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Did a quick search and couldn’t find any posts about guys favorite Hinge Template. I have several slab door to instal coming up and was looking to get a template. I always seem to find the porter cable single hinge one, https://www.amazon.com/PORTER-CABLE-59370-Door-Hinge-Template/dp/B00004TI3O Has anyone used this one? Also which one would everyone recommend? Thanks in advance.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

This one is a little pricey but by far my favorite. If you really wanted to spend the money you can get 3 of them and a bar to connect them so the heights are perfect every time.

https://www.amazon.com/Precision-HM-1100W-HINGE-MATE-Hinge-Mortising/dp/B0006615DE/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1474208829&sr=8-13&keywords=door+hinge+router+jig

I’ve used those porter cable template jigs for years . They work good just have to take your time setting it into the door or the latch template to frame for routing . The new style ones are better then the original style .

Always willing to learn .

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my only question regarding the amazon kit. does it have the setup for a one shot setting to rout both the door and the jamb.

many dont allow for doing both. some u simply set the jig on the door then transfer it to the jamb . we had a shop built jig 5 years ago which allowed for allow three hinges to be mortised then transfer it to the jamb. mostly i just free hand the door then transfer the marks to the jamb by setting the jamb on the edge of the door

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

my only question regarding the amazon kit. does it have the setup for a one shot setting to rout both the door and the jamb.

many dont allow for doing both. some u simply set the jig on the door then transfer it to the jamb . we had a shop built jig 5 years ago which allowed for allow three hinges to be mortised then transfer it to the jamb. mostly i just free hand the door then transfer the marks to the jamb by setting the jamb on the edge of the door

Yes it does iirc it’s a very nice jig

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The porter cable system is the one I see the most. we do not use one as most of our doors come machined. The times I have needed one, I have made my own out of a piece of 1/4 or 3/8″ plywood.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.256 seconds