dcsimg

Router Bit Storage

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I’d almost ‘router’ not show what I’m using. 😉

I’d almost ‘router’ not show what I’m using. 😉

Sounds like my situation…

Orange County, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Good idea, Brad. Those little holders – they just screw in? What is the tallest size bit that fits in the L1?

@MrToolJunkie

I lied. It’s an L2. You can get a pretty tall bit in it. I started off in an L1 but it was too short.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

One day I will upgrade this, but it works. Repurposed old floppy disk storage boxes.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

as soon as i have my build in router table in the extension of my table saw,
    i have to make the decision if i go with Jon’s cabinet style router bit storage or brads lboxx version. both are really great. good job on those guys!!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 4 maybe 5 bits and the live in the same bag my coffee grinder size router lives.

Good idea, Brad. Those little holders – they just screw in? What is the tallest size bit that fits in the L1?

@MrToolJunkie

I lied. It’s an L2. You can get a pretty tall bit in it. I started off in an L1 but it was too short.

Thanks. I might do what you did with a wood bottom drill holes for the various sizes. Try to group them by type and size.

Orange County, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

this is somethig i definitely need to gear up better. currently all my bits are stored in a lboxx 2 with my trim routers.. i have a pc of kaizen foam which they go in however its too loose a fit so the bits slip out too easily and bang around… might gear up a small plywood case that will still fit inside the lboxx, or gear up a lboxx shelf for them

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ve got mine in a L1 using Lee Valley 1/4″, 8mm and 1/2″ holders. I like the versatility of the system being able to move the holders as needed to make room for large bits.

I find that a lot of the holders are not spaced well and you either waste a lot of space or you are so crammed you cut your knuckles every time you remove a bit.

hrhmph. I need more router bits. :-)

IMG_3275 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

L-BOXX-2
    That is a great idea. I was going to ask if it was layered but you mention you need more bits. LOL
    Would there be room to have a second layer, say with short bits under and on top?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I was thinking the same thing with a layering approach – the danger is the weight could get heavy quickly. I think an L3 would work well. The L2 seems too shallow.

Orange County, CA

yellaD
    Pro

One day I will upgrade this, but it works. Repurposed old floppy disk storage boxes.

How the heck do you even have those around still? Those things are like 40 years old.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I like to repurpose things too. That looks like it works well and almost looks like you could make 2 trays that would ride on top of the slides to give you another layer of storage

Doobie

How the heck do you even have those around still? Those things are like 40 years old.

They were bought in the early 90’s and got repurposed about 12 years ago.

Those look like a nice router bit storage container though, keeps the dust off of them when you are not using them.

Those look like a nice router bit storage container though, keeps the dust off of them when you are not using them.

I thought this was a pretty clever idea. Some good ideas on the thread. Keep them coming!

Orange County, CA

yellaD
    Pro

Yeah they are a great repurposed container for bits, the best part is that they look new! My fav. idea is still the one with the bits on the router table by Jon P. cuz it makes the most sense from convenience perspective.

Yeah they are a great repurposed container for bits, the best part is that they look new! My fav. idea is still the one with the bits on the router table by Jon P. cuz it makes the most sense from convenience perspective.

I agree, if you are working in a shop. If onsite, then having them in a case or L-Boxx makes more sense. I like all the ideas so far.

Orange County, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I agree, if you are working in a shop. If onsite, then having them in a case or L-Boxx makes more sense. I like all the ideas so far.

When I get around to fitting my MR23 kit into an L4, I plan to make a stacking tray with probably 3 levels, each holding 10-12 bits for site work. The table side case is awesome, but I clearly can’t take it with me the job site!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

When I get around to fitting my MR23 kit into an L4, I plan to make a stacking tray with probably 3 levels, each holding 10-12 bits for site work. The table side case is awesome, but I clearly can’t take it with me the job site!

Yeah — but perfect for shop use without a doubt!

Orange County, CA

Doobie

I thought this was a pretty clever idea. Some good ideas on the thread. Keep them coming!

I have a lot more bits that are not in a decent home, and since that I’ve built a base for my router table. One day I will get them organized in one of the drawers down there.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.617 seconds