dcsimg

rotex sanders

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author

Is there anyone who has the Rotex AND the Bosch? Or perhaps someone who has used both? I’d like to pick one up, but I’m still trying to determine which.

Yes, I have both the Festool & Bosch with the Rotex 90 and Rotex 125 along with the Bosch ROS65VC and the 1/2 sheet sander. I will admit it, I am a sander junkie. I also have the new Festool brushless ETS EC Brushless 125/3. If you need the dual mode sander the Rotex models are great. If you need a finish mode only then the Bosch ROS65VC is a great pick but I prefer the new Festool ETS EC Brushless 125/3 a little more. It is easier to handle (lighter) versus the Bosch with my hands getting arthritic.

Good info @PI_WOODWORKER. I have the ETS125 and Rotex 125. I keep thinking of getting the new brushless 125 and moving the ETS inti the shop permanently. Also think having a DTS or RTS woukd be useful. The Rotex is my go to sander though. We have a couple older Dewalt RO sanders and they make my hand get tingly after using those for awhile.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Also think having a DTS

I have the DTS 400 EQ-plus and it’s great because of the pointed front it gets into corners.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I keep thinking of getting the new brushless 125 and moving the ETS inti the shop permanently.

Try one @overanalyze, they are so smooth and easy on the hand. One-handed control will be your norm. One feature I really like is the brake. When you turn it off it is off, no further pad movement.

Thanks @PI_WOODWORKER! It isn’t high on my list yet but I could see it being a worthwhile upgrade.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Is there anyone who has the Rotex AND the Bosch? Or perhaps someone who has used both? I’d like to pick one up, but I’m still trying to determine which.

Yes, I have both the Festool & Bosch with the Rotex 90 and Rotex 125 along with the Bosch ROS65VC and the 1/2 sheet sander. I will admit it, I am a sander junkie. I also have the new Festool brushless ETS EC Brushless 125/3. If you need the dual mode sander the Rotex models are great. If you need a finish mode only then the Bosch ROS65VC is a great pick but I prefer the new Festool ETS EC Brushless 125/3 a little more. It is easier to handle (lighter) versus the Bosch with my hands getting arthritic.

Thanks Lon. I was hoping someone could compare the Rotex line with the dual mode Bosch. I have the ROS65, which I think is the best sander I’ve ever used. It can certainly remove a fair amount of material with an aggressive grit.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Thanks Lon. I was hoping someone could compare the Rotex line with the dual mode Bosch.

Well Jon, I said I was a sander junkie. I picked up the Bosch 1250DEVS dual mode also. I thought it would be useful for a particular project because of the 6″ inch pad and the aggressive mode. It works well at that but it is definitely a 2-handed operation and you need to hold on. I like the ability to switch modes on the fly with the Bosch which you cannot do with the Rotex models. I have the Rotex 125 versus the larger 150 which is the 6″ model so I can’t compare apples with apples. I would say the Festool will be slightly easier to control but not by much.

I keep thinking of getting the new brushless 125 and moving the ETS inti the shop permanently.

Try one @overanalyze, they are so smooth and easy on the hand. One-handed control will be your norm. One feature I really like is the brake. When you turn it off it is off, no further pad movement.

I picked one of the EC sanders up and do like it – I also got the 5 inch size. It is my first 5 inch Festool, but it was the right size for what I needed. Kind of a bummer to stock another grit of paper, but it is a nice tool. I used it for several hours today. I really like the pad brake and instant off. It is light weight too and very powerful to boot. The RO150 is one of my favorites and a go-to machine for the work I do – no regrets at all buying it. Probably my most used sander all things considered. I think that it and the RO90 or DTS 400 (both of which I have) pair with it nicely to accomplish most sanding jobs. I have not had a chance to try the Bosch, but I think it would be similar to the RO150. All of these sanders have a slight learning curve to them.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up the Bosch 1250DEVS dual mode also. I thought it would be useful for a particular project because of the 6″ inch pad and the aggressive mode. It works well at that but it is definitely a 2-handed operation and you need to hold on.

Yes the 1250 is a handful. Thinking of also getting the Bosch 3727 which also looks to be agressive with 12,000 opm max setting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I picked one of the EC sanders up and do like it – I also got the 5 inch size. It is my first 5 inch Festool, but it was the right size for what I needed. Kind of a bummer to stock another grit of paper, but it is a nice tool. I used it for several hours today. I really like the pad brake and instant off. It is light weight too and very powerful to boot. The RO150 is one of my favorites and a go-to machine for the work I do – no regrets at all buying it. Probably my most used sander all things considered. I think that it and the RO90 or DTS 400 (both of which I have) pair with it nicely to accomplish most sanding jobs. I have not had a chance to try the Bosch, but I think it would be similar to the RO150. All of these sanders have a slight learning curve to them.

That RO90 is a very cute sander. I guess you have the detail head for it too.

Dirty

That RO90 is a very cute sander. I guess you have the detail head for it too.

It is a small, but powerful sander. The Delta head is very nice and adds some capabilities to the tool. I prefer the DTS for delta sanding, but the RO90 works well and sometimes the longer body of the tool is what you need. Both great tools, though.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It is a small, but powerful sander. The Delta head is very nice and adds some capabilities to the tool. I prefer the DTS for delta sanding, but the RO90 works well and sometimes the longer body of the tool is what you need. Both great tools, though.

When you say DTS is that the DTS400 the one that looks like a iron?

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I picked up the Bosch 1250DEVS dual mode also. I thought it would be useful for a particular project because of the 6″ inch pad and the aggressive mode. It works well at that but it is definitely a 2-handed operation and you need to hold on.

Yes the 1250 is a handful. Thinking of also getting the Bosch 3727 which also looks to be agressive with 12,000 opm max setting.

Yeah I agree at the highest setting the 1250 devs is quite the Handfull, you can always dial down the power to use it one handed.

woodman_412

Yeah I agree at the highest setting the 1250 devs is quite the Handfull, you can always dial down the power to use it one handed.

I guess that explains the side handle and the angle grinder shaped body if you need a good grip to use it. Do you guys find that on rotex mode the sand paper wears out quicker?

Dan

danpattison.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

So the Bosch doesnt have a comparable dual mode sander? Think I missed that explanation. Sounds like they have comparable sanders in single operation but not both on the same tool.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes you can but the max setting does so much work, quickly I like to keep there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I guess that explains the side handle and the angle grinder shaped body if you need a good grip to use it. Do you guys find that on rotex mode the sand paper wears out quicker?

i’ve been using abranet mesh on mine and haven’t noticed, it just seems to keep going on the high setting.

Yes you can but the max setting does so much work, quickly I like to keep there.

I know what you mean, i like to keep mine as high as possible and keep it t a 6 but i was trying to see if i can dial it down so the material i was working on didn’t go flying, eventually i just clamped it down and worked from side to side.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With the vac hooked up it last a lot longer.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

With the vac hooked up it last a lot longer.

Really? I makes sense thinking about it, suck up the dust before it can clog the paper. Guess I need to hookup my sanders and get more life out of paper.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

So the Bosch doesnt have a comparable dual mode sander? Think I missed that explanation. Sounds like they have comparable sanders in single operation but not both on the same tool.

@topnotch, the 1250DEVS is a dual mode sander, which is equivelent to the Rotex.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.538 seconds