dcsimg

rotex sanders

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@woodman_412 it would be great to see a comparison between the three, but i don’t know anyone who has more than one. Usually you buy one and settle with it.

woodman_412

woodman_412 it would be great to see a comparison between the three, but i don’t know anyone who has more than one. Usually you buy one and settle with it.

True. If anyone wants to send me all 3 I’d be happy to do a DP review episode and compare and review them all 😀

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

woodman_412 it would be great to see a comparison between the three, but i don’t know anyone who has more than one. Usually you buy one and settle with it.

True. If anyone wants to send me all 3 I’d be happy to do a DP review episode and compare and review them all 😀

well if you would be happy with just the rotex and the bosch 1250devs, i can call up @yellad and see if he would be up to do a comparison of the two, he has the rotex and i have the 1250devs.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Tell us what he says

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Tell us what he says

What who says?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Tell us what he says

What who says?

yellad say who apparently Mr Dir’te

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Tell us what he says

he says that he has a project coming up that can use the rotex and push it to it’s limits, i suggested to him that we do a comparison video and see how it works.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Does anyone have the Bosch 3727DEVS 6-In. Random Orbit Sander/Polisher. Thinking about getting one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I would jeed to take a hostage first! Lol! 😉

Just kidding. I do know that the Festool comes with the edge guard and in a systainer, but it still doesn’t justify the price differential between them. There’s something else better with the Rotex usage wise that somebody mentioned I read sometime ago, but I can’t recall what it was.

woodman_412

I had thought about saving up points for the Bosch dual mode sander but I just don’t need an aggressive sander often enough to make it worth it in the work I do. Most times finesse and a fine finish are what I’m after. There are definitely times once in awhile though when it would be nice to have a sander to just hog off material.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I had thought about saving up points for the Bosch dual mode sander but I just don’t need an aggressive sander often enough to make it worth it in the work I do. Most times finesse and a fine finish are what I’m after. There are definitely times once in awhile though when it would be nice to have a sander to just hog off material.

I feel the same way Dan. I’ve gotten by thus far without one…a planer, belt sander or a router planing sled handles the heavy lifting in my shop. On the other hand I’ve never used a forced rotation sander.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I agree Dan. My Bosch sanders – the ROS65VC ROS and the OS50VC Half Sheet Sander definitely get much more use compared to the 1250DEVS Dual Mode. However, if you have both of the finish sanders, the dual mode will always have a use now and then. Thanks to BTP for the points program which put all 3 in my hands. Good redemptions – each one.

The Rotex is an aggressive fine sander. It gives an excellent sanded finish on bare wood in Rotex mode. I was just using it tonight with 120, 150, and 180 paper. Followed up the 180 with my ETS125 with some 180 to finish it off. This was on maple. Think finesse combined with a belt sander but the ability to sand across grain.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The Rotex is an aggressive fine sander. It gives an excellent sanded finish on bare wood in Rotex mode. I was just using it tonight with 120, 150, and 180 paper. Followed up the 180 with my ETS125 with some 180 to finish it off. This was on maple. Think finesse combined with a belt sander but the ability to sand across grain.

You’re saying that it will hog off material like a belt sander? If that’s the case, I’d be interested in getting a 5″ version and skipping the belt sander for most applications.

I have a 4×24 Makita belt sander that I have mounted in a stand I built most of the time so I can use it to sand small parts. I really like the finish the linear sanding leaves…probably should invest in a bigger stationary belt/disc sander though.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

You’re saying that it will hog off material like a belt sander? If that’s the case, I’d be interested in getting a 5″ version and skipping the belt sander for most applications.

I have a 4×24 Makita belt sander that I have mounted in a stand I built most of the time so I can use it to sand small parts. I really like the finish the linear sanding leaves…probably should invest in a bigger stationary belt/disc sander though.

Yes — they can hog off wood and replace a belt sander. I sold mine after getting a Rotex and have never looked back. DC is excellent and makes it worth it just for that. I think that the 6 inch is easier to handle than the 5. They all have a learning curve, though.

Orange County, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yeah the 1250devs really hogs down end grain. I used it to help flatten high spots on my end grain cutting boards. Works great.

Doobie

Yes — they can hog off wood and replace a belt sander. I sold mine after getting a Rotex and have never looked back. DC is excellent and makes it worth it just for that. I think that the 6 inch is easier to handle than the 5. They all have a learning curve, though.

I’ve never used my Rotex for that, but maybe I’m learning something here I never appreciated. I know for stripping on flat it is a true miracle as to how it eats away. But for an end-grain shave, I never knew that. It would make sense though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I feel the same way Dan. I’ve gotten by thus far without one…a planer, belt sander or a router planing sled handles the heavy lifting in my shop. On the other hand I’ve never used a forced rotation sander.

I used forced on construction grade 4×8 rafters and it helps take down the rough stuff fast. It also works great for fine work also.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A rotary sander is great for fast work. They have it all over sheet sanders for fast work. But nothing beats a sheet sander for getting something level though. The longer the sander the better it is at leveling.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

A rotary sander is great for fast work. They have it all over sheet sanders for fast work. But nothing beats a sheet sander for getting something level though. The longer the sander the better it is at leveling.

The only thing I don’t like about belt sanders is when using them over wide flat surfaces it is hard not to get ridges in some situations. It’s so easy to do when you have the lower grits on it.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.608 seconds