dcsimg

rotex sanders

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@woodman_412 i find the abranet stuff last quite a long time, i would recommend it. So far i’ve swapped out most of my sanders to abranet except for the 1/2 sheet where i will need to get some large flat pieces for it.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It seams every thread about sanding abranet comes up. I need to eventually get on the bandwagon and try some.

Doobie

@woodman_412 i find the abranet stuff last quite a long time, i would recommend it. So far i’ve swapped out most of my sanders to abranet except for the 1/2 sheet where i will need to get some large flat pieces for it.

I also worry how the Abranet would prematurely wear on that sander’s backer pad. I still haven’t tried to see if the Festool interface for their half sheet sander is compatible for hole alignment with the Bosch sander. Pictures/diagrams on the internet don’t tell me enough and I’ve never read of anybody doing that. I went to LV a week and a half ago, and totally forgot to bring mine with me to see if it could work.

woodman_412

I think next time I’m in Lee Valley I’ll pick up a couple Abranet discs and give them a try. You guys have me curious now.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see Makita has their knock off of the Rotex

http://www.makitatools.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=bo6050j

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I think next time I’m in Lee Valley I’ll pick up a couple Abranet discs and give them a try. You guys have me curious now.

I doubt you’ll have any regrets Dan. In fact, I’ve never heard of anybody complain about Abranet once they tried it.

woodman_412

Is that new Dirty or has it been around awhile? It looks fairly similar to the Bosch, especially the dust extraction tube.

Dan

danpattison.com

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

At a fraction of fester….Im sure

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that looks like a very nice sander.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Wow that looks like a very nice sander.

That is does Bill. Very similar to the Bosch.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

It really does. I used an electric black and dekker car polisher once. It was slow and I felt useless, these new multi sanders look like the real deal.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I also worry how the Abranet would prematurely wear on that sander’s backer pad. I still haven’t tried to see if the Festool interface for their half sheet sander is compatible for hole alignment with the Bosch sander. Pictures/diagrams on the internet don’t tell me enough and I’ve never read of anybody doing that. I went to LV a week and a half ago, and totally forgot to bring mine with me to see if it could work.

ti be honest i can’t see how it would affect it any different from regular paper. once i swing by leevalleys for some sheets of it, i’ll let you know.

Doobie

ti be honest i can’t see how it would affect it any different from regular paper. once i swing by leevalleys for some sheets of it, i’ll let you know.

Please do. I just figure a paper backed sandpaper if pretty gentle against the rubber bottom versus the Abranet particle against the short ends from rounding them off.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is that new Dirty or has it been around awhile? It looks fairly similar to the Bosch, especially the dust extraction tube.

It’s a new one WoodenMan. I just got the info on their FB feed. I bet like the track saw it will cost a lot less. I wonder if the Festool had a paten on the Rotex format and that it may have run out and now we see other companies coming out with it?? I think Doobie is the best guy to dig up that info.

Dirty

Doobie

It’s a new one WoodenMan. I just got the info on their FB feed. I bet like the track saw it will cost a lot less. I wonder if the Festool had a paten on the Rotex format and that it may have run out and now we see other companies coming out with it?? I think Doobie is the best guy to dig up that info.

I can’t say for sure, but that would maybe be right as the Rotex has been around for a long time now. The guy who turned me onto Festool has had one since 2003, that I’m pretty certain about. I think it’s 15 years where people can’t copy you.

woodman_412

It would be interesting to see what the price point is on it. You’re right Dirty that it will probably come in less like the track saw but still be great quality. Dual mode sanders certainly aren’t cheap.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It has been around a while, but never seems to be stocked I the few places around here that carry Makita. It looks like it is equivalent to the 1250DEVS.

EDIT: Scratch that…the 6040 has been around a while. Makita lists the 6050j as a new tool.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

EDIT: Scratch that…the 6040 has been around a while. Makita lists the 6050j as a new tool.

Thank for that calcification. I thought it was a new one because it just hit that FB crap.. you hear they will be selling ur info now LOL!

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It would be interesting to see what the price point is on it. You’re right Dirty that it will probably come in less like the track saw but still be great quality.

I see it listed on the big A at 366$

Dirty

woodman_412

It would be interesting to see what the price point is on it. You’re right Dirty that it will probably come in less like the track saw but still be great quality.

I see it listed on the big A at 366$

That’s a pretty decent price. Comes in about $100 cheaper than the Bosch, at least compared to what amazon.ca sells the Bosch for. Would be interesting to see a head to head comparison review between the Bosch, Festool and Makita.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.673 seconds