dcsimg

Roof top Safety equipment

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Came acroos this video on Ultimate Ridgehooks on Youtube – has anybody used or seen these being used?

I also found a video on the RacJack sysytem – I think I will be buying this come spring.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Is anyone placing permanent roof anchors on their roofs?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I haven’t seen any on residential around here but I have seen some installed on some commercial buildings not that long ago.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

the Rac jack system looks pretty slick. a great safety tool and also a great time saver. I will have to look into this for the next steep roof I have.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

the Rac jack system looks pretty slick. a great safety tool and also a great time saver. I will have to look into this for the next steep roof I have.

These would save a lot of time on set up – I have a couple projects lined up for spring/summer that these will be handy on. For what they are selling for it won’t take long for them to pay for themselves.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Wow that is a really cool system, haven’t seen anything quite like it before but I would love to try it out. Generally I don’t do a lot of roofing work just out of personal preference and a love of the ground.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have two roofs lined up already for the spring and my only concern is that there is no extension to they can extend up higher. Does anyone know of anything else like that on the market?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have two roofs lined up already for the spring and my only concern is that there is no extension to they can extend up higher. Does anyone know of anything else like that on the market?

You could just use regular roof jacks above the system, you have your safety fence at the bottom and you will be tied off. I guess you could buy additional sets and keep running them up the roof.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

yeah, I figured I could run them up after the system, but was just wondering if they had any extensions. Also how many feet does this extend?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

yeah, I figured I could run them up after the system, but was just wondering if they had any extensions. Also how many feet does this extend?

I’m not sure, it looks like 6 or 8 feet.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

what do you think of the rip cart that the company sells as well. I have never had a big issue with ripping the roof, but this looks like it would make a much more effective clean up.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

what do you think of the rip cart that the company sells as well. I have never had a big issue with ripping the roof, but this looks like it would make a much more effective clean up.

I saw the rip cart on their website, it’s a unique tool but if I was going to invest in a machine to help make stripping a roof more efficient I would buy the machine that strips the roof for you – http://rapidroofremover.com

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

s anyone placing permanent roof anchors on their roofs?

Yes. The rare time I get on a roof an anchor goes on.
    I believe it is code here now, or very soon.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I saw the rip cart on their website, it’s a unique tool but if I was going to invest in a machine to help make stripping a roof more efficient I would buy the machine that strips the roof for you – http://rapidroofremover.com

we demoed a Roof Hog, similar to the one above a While back on a 60 square two layer tear off. After 15 minutes the guys put it in the trailer and went back to the forks and shovels. They said it was using a 40 pound shovel and they would rather stay with the 4 pound ones.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

we demoed a Roof Hog, similar to the one above a While back on a 60 square two layer tear off. After 15 minutes the guys put it in the trailer and went back to the forks and shovels. They said it was using a 40 pound shovel and they would rather stay with the 4 pound ones.

I have a 55 square two layer tear off coming up that I wanted to try one of the auto shovels on but nobody local has them for rent. I think you are the first person I have talked to that has used one – I guess an easier way to strip a roof was just a pipe dream…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

I have 2 set of the ultimate ridge hooks.
    Bolt lvl to them
    then chimney brackets for pipe staging.

they work slick for complicated staging for
    dormer and other areas

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

the rack jacs are my next want.

those are slick, and $ 800 for two sets, 20 ft.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

the rack jacs are my next want.

those are slick, and $ 800 for two sets, 20 ft.

$800 for that set up isn’t bad – it looks to be a real time saver.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Saw them at the JLC show,

Liked them a lot, though my son who works for me doesn’t want me to get them. He’ll have to do more ROOFS, At 26 years old, He hates roofing already. Boy He’s a smart kid.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe I saw them being used on This Old House. They were pretty cool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.536 seconds