dcsimg

@RonW WORKSHOP START TO FINNISH.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,131 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was in the Big Boxxes over the weekend and looked at the price of the OSB here and the only stuff they had was the 3/4″ T&G flooring stuff that is 40$ a sheet. That’s what I used in my van. It’s treated. Hard to believe what we pay for wood here.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I was in the Big Boxxes over the weekend and looked at the price of the OSB here and the only stuff they had was the 3/4″ T&G flooring stuff that is 40$ a sheet. That’s what I used in my van. It’s treated. Hard to believe what we pay for wood here.

I’m thinking that stuff is selling for around $26 a sheet here.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow big difference in $26 vs $40 a sheet. That’s quite a shipping increase.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Geeze man, that’s pretty steep for osb even though it’s treated.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What does it cost wayyy up there?
    AdvanTech Flooring 23/32 CAT PS2-10 Tongue and Groove OSB Subfloor, Application as 4 x 8 .

Dirty

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Been some time showing any kind of update on the shop. Got some OSB on 3 of 4 walls now and painted. Sure has brightened thing up in there.

That is a great looking shop and I love the heavy duty benches you have , nice work !

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

AdvanTech Flooring 23/32 CAT PS2-10 Tongue and Groove OSB Subfloor, Application as 4 x 8 .

AdvanTech is running about $32 a sheet here.

That is a great looking shop and I love the heavy duty benches you have , nice work !

Thanks John.

Ron

Thanks John.

I think they are around 28 dollars.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Now I don’t feel so bad.

I wonder what brand that is and if it was treated it would be more.

Dirty

Now I don’t feel so bad.

I wonder what brand that is and if it was treated it would be more.

That was just from the home Depot site, the lumber yard I usually pick up my wood from, does not have any website,
    You are probably going about the being more expensive for the treated, we generally use the one I showed, and I usually used to use plywood for subfloor
    I know that these osb boards have very good strength.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Had a buddy give me a small wood stove for the shop today. It’s small but should help knock the chill out of the shop while getting ride of most of my small waist material.

Ron

Doobie

Had a buddy give me a small wood stove for the shop today. It’s small but should help knock the chill out of the shop while getting ride of most of my small waist material.

Always wanted a little stove like that in my shop. Just not possible for me. Such a classic shop heater.

Just make sure you install it right Ron. Don’t wanna read about your shop burnin down one day. Knock on wood!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a nice size stove. It should help with heating your shop. I like wood heat.

Greg

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks nice Ron . Be safe with it .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks nice Ron, that should keep the shop toasty, now all you need is firewood.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Nice that’s going to be cool 😉or I should say hot ,
    How long of a chimney will you need to get.
    Definitely going to be a nice addition , your never gonna get up off the rocker now lol

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Classic finishing touch! What a great addition to your shop. Rocking chair, Keter bar, wood stove…. is anything missing?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

How long of a chimney will you need to get.

The chimney will be around 15′ Brian.

Just make sure you install it right Ron. Don’t wanna read about your shop burnin down one day. Knock on wood!

I will do my best to do it right. Definitely don’t want any fires outside of the stove…

Looks nice Ron, that should keep the shop toasty, now all you need is firewood.

Yes I do. You know the old saying. Fire wood heats you a couple different times. lol

I thinking I might have enough scrap to keep me warm this winter.

Ron

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Classic finishing touch! What a great addition to your shop. Rocking chair, Keter bar, wood stove…. is anything missing?

Along with the PB 360. I might not ever leave the shop. lol

Ron

redwood
    Pro

That’s great Ron. I heat my house with a similar wood stove. I wish I could do the same in my shop, it get’s pretty cold in the winter. Alas, no room and since it sits under the house, venting would be problematic.

Time to start a new thread.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.498 seconds