dcsimg

@RonW WORKSHOP START TO FINNISH.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,131 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You still got the Keter bar set up right??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I have finely got power in the shop…
    Took a little longer to get to this point than I thought it would. But Boy it feels good to have it out there.

WooHoo Congrats Ron, I’ll bet that feels a lot better

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Right-on Ron!
    Do you have a big compressor to put in there?

Not a big one. It’s 30 or so gal compressor.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

You still got the Keter bar set up right??

Yea it’s still in there. It will have to stay in till I can get a real one set up.

Ron

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Really not much in there yet. It looks kinda bare right now. Just lights and power to two receptacles. But will see what I can do tomorrow as it’s starting to rain here and I’m not going out there. lol

Moving right along Ron. Is one of those outlets for the beer fridge?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Awesome! I feel like we are all doing a happy dance with ya! I know it’s only 3 circuits but I like how neat they are. Much easier to start out neat than fix it later! 60 amps shoukd be plenty for you. An old DP&L electrician once told me if people actually used 200 amps his paychecks would be much bigger..lol!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Sounding good Ron. It will be there before you know it

yellaD
    Pro

Well I have finely got power in the shop…
    Took a little longer to get to this point than I thought it would. But Boy it feels good to have it out there.

Cool, Ron! You’re doing it all yourself? Is it 100 amp, you said?
    Oh BTW, what kind of dog is that in the background? 🙂

All right Ron! You have permanent electricity. Good for you. Now comes the fun in setting up your shop. Looking forward to the pics.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Ron, when we bought our new house last year, the PO had wired the little garage (16 x 20) with 12 duplex outlets plus lights. i thought it was overkill for a tiny space like that but there are days – not many- that I would have more.
    Just sayin’ don’t scimp on outlets!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Really not much in there yet. It looks kinda bare right now. Just lights and power to two receptacles. But will see what I can do tomorrow as it’s starting to rain here and I’m not going out there. lol

Moving right along Ron. Is one of those outlets for the beer fridge?

I would like to say yes. But sadly I don’t have a beer fridge yet. I do however think Santa is bringing me one for Christmas.

Cool, Ron! You’re doing it all yourself? Is it 100 amp, you said?
    Oh BTW, what kind of dog is that in the background?

I have had a little help from family and friends on the big stuff. But for the most part I have done it myself. 60 amps to the building.
    That is Max one of our English mastiff in the background.

Ron

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Ron, when we bought our new house last year, the PO had wired the little garage (16 x 20) with 12 duplex outlets plus lights. i thought it was overkill for a tiny space like that but there are days – not many- that I would have more.

You are right. Don’t want to skimp on lights or outlets. I kinda want to get some benches build and in before doing much wiring.

Ron

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Great congrats, you’re all powered up and dry all the rest is gravy.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Same here don’t scrimp on the outlets. I have added many to my garage over the years. Would of been easier to do them at the beginning then working around and moving a bunch of stuff.
    You are right. Don’t want to skimp on lights or outlets. I kinda want to get some benches build and in before doing much wiring.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I would like to say yes. But sadly I don’t have a beer fridge yet. I do however think Santa is bringing me one for Christmas.

Probably, judging by the pics I have seen of Santa he appreciates a good beer lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

You can never have too many outlets. When I wired my garage 15 x 23, I used all 12/2 and a few of my circuits are 20Amp.
    The one thing I wish I had more lighting at times.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Probably, judging by the pics I have seen of Santa he appreciates a good beer lol.

I would say your probably right on that Chad. Maybe I should leave Santa a SA Winter Feast out on Christmas Eve?

Ron

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You can never have too many outlets. When I wired my garage 15 x 23, I used all 12/2 and a few of my circuits are 20Amp.
    The one thing I wish I had more lighting at times.

Yah I kinda wish I had more, but if I move i’ll do the improvements on the new house instead of this one. It’s already got enough improvements.

I have decided I am going to pull a permit in the new year and get my rough in done and inspected. That way I can work on insulation etc. closing the insides in. I will get to the feed to the shop in it’s own time, but you have inspired me to make it a priority (along with working in the shop)

I am not putting a lot of plugs in but I will never be more than 6′ from one. In Ontario the permit is less than 1/2 the price if you install 10 or less “items”. I have the 3 lights up and 1 plug in the ceiling on one cct (that counts as 4). I want 1 220V duplex with 15A outlets on it, feed to handle 30A. 2 115V 20A outlets, and 2 more 115V 15A outlets. Every outlet will be on it’s own circuit (except the existing light/outlet cct that I have already put in) That makes 9, switches don’t count. I am not sure if the breaker box counts, but if it does, I am still within the 10 items. I am installing everything about 4′ from the top of the wall (easier to measure from when you have stuff on the floor in the way). I already have just about everything I need. I have to buy some wire is all.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t forget to put a bunch in the ceiling too, I put like 4 in mine and have em all filled. Should have put in more

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.419 seconds