dcsimg

@RonW WORKSHOP START TO FINNISH.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,131 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Ron, when you get started, you don’t fool around, do you?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

BTW, Does anyone have recommendations on how to “winterize” my garage, so that I can use it during the winter here in Toronto area? I’ve seen people put up insulation (?) against there garage door. I have a auto garage door opener and it’s only a single car garage, around 14’X20′. This is my first winter coming up and would love to continue using it as my shop.

You should start a thread on it.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Had a good day for working today. Had a few light showers move through, but they didn’t amount to much. Got all the holes bored and posts set. Well other than the entry door posts.

Looks good Ron. I guess that is step one done. That new level will be high teck to shoot the bench marks.

Yea the GRL400H is coming in very handy to have on this one.

Ron, when you get started, you don’t fool around, do you?

Things will slow down a little after today. As I still have to work to pay the bills.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

looking good, nice to look back and see a decent amount of work done in a day. know im jumping ahead ,but, what are you putting on top, shimgles or are you going metal?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

looking good, nice to look back and see a decent amount of work done in a day. know im jumping ahead ,but, what are you putting on top, shimgles or are you going metal?

It will be all metal. Sides and top.
    It will be something kinda like this one when finished.

Ron

This has to be really fun for you @RonW !! I find work @ home when it is something you want to do so enjoyable!

Did you set the posts in concrete or crushed stone? Do you put the round “footer” blocks at the bottom of the holes first?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Did you set the posts in concrete or crushed stone? Do you put the round “footer” blocks at the bottom of the holes first?

Concrete. I poured 4″ of dry ready mix in the bottom of the hole for a footer.

Ron

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Got most of the girts up today. Still not sure I like the location of the entry door. Will have to think on it over night.

Attachments:

Ron

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Lookin’ good there Ron!

--Steve

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks great,, Ron the post are all different heights.. how high will the inside walls be?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Got most of the girts up today. Still not sure I like the location of the entry door. Will have to think on it over night.

what about secret entrances and such? any crazy special ideas that will be implemented in your build?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still not sure I like the location of the entry door. Will have to think on it over night.

My only advice is put it where it takes up the least wall space. Things like cabinets, wall storage, or even tools against the wall are all considerations.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It will be all metal. Sides and top.
    It will be something kinda like this one when finished.

That is going to be a sweet workshop. I could only dream right now of having the much space and a dedicated shop. Will be nice to follow your thread along as the build goes!

A Working Pro since 2004

Looking good Ron, keep up the hard work, going to be a nice shop when it’s done.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Looks great,, Ron the post are all different heights.. how high will the inside walls be?

The posts in the center of each end are taller to support the trusses. And will get cut to the correct height. I should end up with 9’6″ inside once the floor is poured.

Ron

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Still not sure I like the location of the entry door. Will have to think on it over night.

My only advice is put it where it takes up the least wall space. Things like cabinets, wall storage, or even tools against the wall are all considerations.

You are right Bill. That is why I put it next to the overhead door in the corner. And think I will keep it there.

Ron

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I got a truck load of base rock for the shop floor. Going to check prices on concrete today. Ordered way to much. lol Guess I will redo my drive way as well.
    Still waiting on the trusses to show up.

Attachments:

Ron

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looking really good, Ron. I’ll second the idea of the entry next to the main door. Less wasted wall space.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

what about secret entrances and such? any crazy special ideas that will be implemented in your build?

Not that I know of yet. Crazy ideas usually cost a bunch of money to do. And that is definitely not in the budget.

Ron

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got a truck load of base rock for the shop floor.

That is a lot of rock for sure. Moving the excess to the driveway a wheel barrow at a time not fun.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.352 seconds