dcsimg

Rmr86 mold remover

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

When I work at old houses sometimes we see mold on parts of the house I saw this product saying that removes all the mold in 15 minuets. When I watch the video wow perfectly black plywood become brand new after it got sprayed here is the YouTube link did anymore use this product before anyone has any information on it. I can Def use it in the future https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjXoA4ie2A

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How does that work? I see the video but i don’t understand how it removes mold, I thought those things were resistant as heck . Even bleach doesn’t really remove it that way.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

No thanks….it looks like a bleaching agent. Where does it go? Mold doesn’t just evaporate into thin air. I’m very skeptical!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Mold remover is a little of a misnomer, It is a “Mold Sttain Remover” I do not believe you are actually removing the mold, just the stains left behind. Seems like mostly a bleach to me.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Mold remover is a little of a misnomer, It is a “Mold Sttain Remover” I do not believe you are actually removing the mold, just the stains left behind. Seems like mostly a bleach to me.

That makes more sense to me. As described to me by a mold remediation contractor, you have to mechanically remove the stuff. Sure you can kill it and leave the stain behind, but it’s technically still there…the RMR stuff above is just making it so it isn’t visible, right?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Bleach is never to be used on any porous surface it does not remove mold all it does spread it around .

Always willing to learn .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That makes more sense to me. As described to me by a mold remediation contractor, you have to mechanically remove the stuff. Sure you can kill it and leave the stain behind, but it’s technically still there…the RMR stuff above is just making it so it isn’t visible, right?

That’s what I’m getting from it.

As far as I’m concerned you do need to physically remove the mold. I think if all you did was spray that it would more or less be like the old “makeup on a pig” saying

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I saw on a Holmes on Homes episode where they went into a place and media blasted it all out with dry ice. No mess or residue left over because the blasting medium just evaporates.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Bleach may not remove it, but it’ll kill the mold, and it does something to mold microscopically so it’s a lot easier to wipe off.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I know it won’t disapper but I looks like it does. Maybe it’s a chemical that kills the fungus but how does it become new again. Maybe it is labrotary grade stuff that they find away. Chemistry makes wonders so it can work on surfaces but I’m sure inside the wood there will be some. Looks like it drys fast too so I don’t think wood will have enough time to absorb it

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MB if you try it out let us know how it worked.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw on a Holmes on Homes episode where they went into a place and media blasted it all out with dry ice. No mess or residue left over because the blasting medium just evaporates.

I seen that same show years back . Couldn’t believe how fast it blasted it off wood .

Bleach may not remove it, but it’ll kill the mold, and it does something to mold microscopically so it’s a lot easier to wipe off.

It’s doesn’t kill the mold it will grow right back .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

So this would mechanically remove the mold? You would then sweep up the debris and throw it away?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

So this would mechanically remove the mold? You would then sweep up the debris and throw it away?

Yeah, vacuum it up, sweep, whatever, wood looks like new, not much can survive the abrasiveness and extreme cold. I think they sprayed it after with some sort of pink paint coating. Holmes is pretty set on using pink wood. It is some sort of fire proofed wood thing.

Yeah, vacuum it up, sweep, whatever, wood looks like new, not much can survive the abrasiveness and extreme cold. I think they sprayed it after with some sort of pink paint coating. Holmes is pretty set on using pink wood. It is some sort of fire proofed wood thing.

That’s amazing that just the extreme cold blasting would kill the mold, but bleach doesn’t?

I have seen that episode before,
    They have the blue wood, I think that helps for insects like termites
    And the pink is for fire retardant

After the blasting with ice, after the ice melts, what’s left over? And can that just be disposed in the garage.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Google is my friend…

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow dry ice blasting, what a great idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Google is my friend…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lq604zqXckI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

thats pretty impressive, I wonder how someone even thought of using dry ice like sandblasting.

Google is my friend…

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lq604zqXckI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Very cool process to see in action . Thanks for linking the video .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wonder how someone even thought of using dry ice like sandblasting.

That what I was thinking as well. Guess they needed something sharp that would disappear and dry ice fit the bill.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.417 seconds