dcsimg

Rikon

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    yellaD
    Pro

Wow what an evolution! What was the first Festool product you got?

@yellaD my first Festool was he TS55REQ track saw. My wife (girlfriend at the time) got it for me for our first Christmas together. Naturally a big set of diamonds followed 😉

yellaD
    Pro

Wow, she gave you a TS55REQ? SIgh, so romantic!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Sorry guys, been a bit under the weather but Jon mentioned the saw (10-325 bandsaw) so I shot a video. Sorry turned it into a quick shop update but suffice to say, love the saw :)

Don’t be sorry. Great video… ThanX Chris

Nice shop and assortment of tools.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@JimDaddyO

well in Canada the price of the rikon is up there with the price of the laguna. I think the difference is 300 bucks. and if you look at the states you are looking at 699. At 699 vs 1500 its a no brainer i’d buy the rikon

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/rikon-14-deluxe-bandsaw.aspx

at 1200 vs 1450 i’d choose the laguna lol, I am still shopping around for a decently priced bandsaw lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@yellaD my first Festool was he TS55REQ track saw. My wife (girlfriend at the time) got it for me for our first Christmas together. Naturally a big set of diamonds followed 😉

Did you get a diamond blade for it??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

JimDaddyO

well in Canada the price of the rikon is up there with the price of the laguna. I think the difference is 300 bucks. and if you look at the states you are looking at 699. At 699 vs 1500 its a no brainer i’d buy the rikon

at 1200 vs 1450 i’d choose the laguna lol, I am still shopping around for a decently priced bandsaw lol.

@r-ice,
    Where you getting the Canadian price from?
    I see it for just over a grand. Sure still a bit more that the US price but are you figuring the conversion of our pitiful dollar at .72 cents? Then either having to drive down to get it or have it shipped?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

JimDaddyO

@r-ice,
    Where you getting the Canadian price from?
    I see it for just over a grand. Sure still a bit more that the US price but are you figuring the conversion of our pitiful dollar at .72 cents? Then either having to drive down to get it or have it shipped?

yah the rikon up here is 1100 and change the laguana 14/12 is 1400 and change. So really for around 300 bucks more you are looking at a better bandsaw for around the same price.

http://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/14-deluxe-bandsaw-1-5-hp-with-fence-rikon-10-325/

Well, that will teach me for not checking prices….lol.

I would go for the Laguna for slightly more money. That is not saying anything bad about the Rikon, like I said, it is up to you if you want to pay the difference.

I would love a band saw, but I can’t fit it on the radar right now. I got enough going on already….lol

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

yellaD
    Pro

That pretty much prices me out of both. 🙁 I can find a better value per $.

Oh I got something @DirtyWhiteBoy ! It’s called a beautiful wife that loves jewelry. Lots of jewelry. Oh and did I mention jewelry?????? For blades I’m using recycled beer cans with jagged edges!!!!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh I got something @DirtyWhiteBoy ! It’s called a beautiful wife that loves jewelry. Lots of jewelry. Oh and did I mention jewelry?????? For blades I’m using recycled beer cans with jagged edges!!!!!

Oh, I not big into jewelry myself.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well, that will teach me for not checking prices….lol.

I would go for the Laguna for slightly more money. That is not saying anything bad about the Rikon, like I said, it is up to you if you want to pay the difference.

I would love a band saw, but I can’t fit it on the radar right now. I got enough going on already….lol

lol that is the whole reason why I am probably going to take this new upcoming flooring job, it’ll pay enough to put me really close to the rikon band saw and i’ll just have to fork over a little bit more and get myself a 14/12 laguana, unless I can find a less expensive one that is just as good in Canada with resaw fence.

To funny

Rikon makes some pretty great tools

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.370 seconds