dcsimg

Rigid and GreeneLee become one

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

One of the top plumbing tool manufacturers and one of the top electrical too manufacturers are now under the same Roof.

See the linked article from COP tools regarding the combination.

http://www.coptool.com/ridgid-greenlee-now-one-company/?utm_source=OPT+Newsletter&utm_campaign=083f0d5c32-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_07e35f064d-083f0d5c32-30969277

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Some interesting questions from the reviewer. I guess we will have to wait and see where the new combined brands will go.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The big guys just keep getting bigger. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Interesting news. I gave up trying to keep track of who owns who. It’s dizzying!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Some interesting questions from the reviewer. I guess we will have to wait and see where the new combined brands will go.

Yes they were. I would like to see some of the answers.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Never heard of GreeneLee .
    Probably active only in USA.

That was exact same thought as I read the article and the questions specifically. Definite confusion about the Ridgid name between the plumbing line and the power tools.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do know that Ridgid has really upped their Plumbing game lately.

Dirty

Doobie

Home Depot here carries a lot of their stuff in the electrical dept. I see them lots in electrical contractor and wholesale stores as well. It’s all electrical hand tools and instruments.

The big guys just keep getting bigger. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

I agree Dirty, it seems never ending as the bigger fish gobble up the smaller ones.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

No. I have a GreenLee Muilti meter I got back in 1999 from a professor I had in college. He got for us students at a local electrical supply store place he deals with.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

you got to hand it to RIDGID they are uping there game

Doobie

While they’re not a go-to brand for me, I don’t mind them for some tools I’ve got of theirs. It’s decent stuff.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

While they’re not a go-to brand for me, I don’t mind them for some tools I’ve got of theirs. It’s decent stuff.

It sounds like they might be. I only own a Ridgid router. It seems to be a decent tool.

Greg

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

It sounds like they might be. I only own a Ridgid router. It seems to be a decent tool.</blockmost everything i have cordless is RIDGID

It sounds like they might be. I only own a Ridgid router. It seems to be a decent tool.

most everything i have cordless is RIDGID

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a co-worker like that…

Dirty

CB
    Pro

Most of my 1950’s era pipe wrenches are from Ridgid. I have about 6 of them in different sizes. Sturdy stuff. The original Ridgid. When Ridgid was really Ridgid, they were best known for their tools in the plumbing trade, sort of like Greenlee was best known for their tools in the electrical trade.

This was long before the brand name purchases and revitalization by newer (and Asia owned) companies that began in the early 90’s.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I have a co-worker like that…</blockquote

I have a co-worker like that…

ive never had any problems out of any of there tools

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Most of my 1950’s era pipe wrenches are from Ridgid. I have about 6 of them in different sizes. Sturdy stuff. The original Ridgid. When Ridgid was really Ridgid, they were best known for their tools in the plumbing trade, sort of like Greenlee was best known for their tools in the electrical trade.

This was long before the brand name purchases and revitalization by newer (and Asia owned) companies that began in the early 90’s.

I would say that is the way it is with alot of brands.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like RIDGID is buying into other brands as they just keep upping their game.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.451 seconds