dcsimg

RIDGID Playin with the big bois

Viewing 11 posts - 841 through 851 (of 851 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I know in the beginning Ridgid had a good company making their routers and sander. Where use yours made?

I bought a corded half inch VSR hammer drill that when first offered around 17-18 years ago they were made for Ridgid in West Germany by Metabo. I even had a Ridgid rep confirm this at a woodworking show back then. Within two years of buying it they started making them in China instead. There was a 6 inch sander at the time that had the same path on manufacture back then too, but I never bought it.

Yup that’s right, it was Metabo. I have a old Ryobi router that was made in the USA.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a old Ryobi router that was made in the USA.

That is an old router. I remember when lots of tools used to made here in the USA.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I know in the beginning Ridgid had a good company making their routers and sander. Where use yours made?

I bought a corded half inch VSR hammer drill that when first offered around 17-18 years ago they were made for Ridgid in West Germany by Metabo. I even had a Ridgid rep confirm this at a woodworking show back then. Within two years of buying it they started making them in China instead. There was a 6 inch sander at the time that had the same path on manufacture back then too, but I never bought it.

Yup that’s right, it was Metabo. I have a old Ryobi router that was made in the USA.

Here, just went and took some pics of my old drill in question. I still use it on occasion for non-SDS bits.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Here, just went and took some pics of my old drill in question. I still use it on occasion for non-SDS bits.

It still looks new. Are you sure you used it. Does ridgid still make this drill?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

It still looks new. Are you sure you used it.

It got used plenty years ago. Must have sunk 100 Tapcons with it for my shop floor install alone.

Does ridgid still make this drill?

No idea.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Watch the Ridgid 18V Wet/Dry Vac In Action!

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Watch the Ridgid 18V Wet/Dry Vac In Action!

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Ridgid Cordless 18V Wet Dry Vacuum Review” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xqp5z1aWw1g?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Dam TTI ,,, they are good at giving the free world competition!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I used my little Ridgid 18V air compressor I bought on clearance a couple of years ago with my Senco roofing nailer to install shingles on a small lean-to shed roof the other day.

It did the job, but there’s no way if it wasn’t for how slow I work versus somebody who does roofing regularly this would be a compressor appropriate for this job. It had to recharge every half dozen or so nails, and doing about 1 1/2 bundles of shingles, I went thru about a half dozen charges of the 2.5 ah batteries I was swapping.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ridgid Octane Impact Wrench

http://toolsinaction.com/ridgid-octane-impact-wrench/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ridgid Octane Impact Wrench

http://toolsinaction.com/ridgid-octane-impact-wrench/

I used my co workers Ridgid impact it’s already 4 years old but it’s very nice ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RIDGID makes a good tool. Their warranty is great and the RIDGID tools I have, have all performed well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 11 posts - 841 through 851 (of 851 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.089 seconds