dcsimg

RIDGID Playin with the big bois

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 873 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ridgid Octane Cordless Router Review – Gain Some Power, Ditch The Dust

https://homefixated.com/ridgid-octane-cordless-router-review/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Looks like a great little kit I like the idea of getting all the accessories for it , especially the dust /chip extractor

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like a great little kit I like the idea of getting all the accessories for it , especially the dust /chip extractor

It’s nice to see all the people that already have the Ridgid router now need to up grade. My Makita router came with a dust port. Good thing I already sold my ridgid crap routers. I bet now they would be a hard sell with the new ones out.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It’s nice to see all the people that already have the Ridgid router now need to up grade. My Makita router came with a dust port. Good thing I already sold my ridgid crap routers. I bet now they would be a hard sell with the new ones out.

What didn’t like about your Ridgid routers?
    I have Ridgid router it seems to do a good job for me. I mainly use it in my router table.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s chinese! I hate supporting a communist country that treats their people like dirt. I’m better than that!!!!

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It’s chinese! I hate supporting a communist country that treats their people like dirt. I’m better than that!!!!

I see. Isn’t your orange miter saw from there?

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes it is, As soon as I can get one that does better I will sell it. Trying to get rid of all orange tools but some of them are just so good they can’t be replaced yet. No one else makes a 7¼” that bevels both ways. Crazy I know. As soon as Hitachi has a sale I’ll replace the 18ga. 18volt trim gun.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes it is, As soon as I can get one that does better I will sell it. Trying to get rid of all orange tools but some of them are just so good they can’t be replaced yet. No one else makes a 7¼” that bevels both ways. Crazy I know. As soon as Hitachi has a sale I’ll replace the 18ga. 18volt trim gun.

I understand. Some tools are hard to replace. I wouldn’t say it is crazy.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nothing,, it worked great. Only thing was no dust collection. Not a big deal for me.. That was a coffee grinder sized 18 volt router.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nothing,, it worked great. Only thing was no dust collection. Not a big deal for me.. That was a coffee grinder sized 18 volt router.

My Ridgid router has dust collection attachment. I have had Ridgid router for 8 years and never used the dust collection attachment. If I had better vac set up I might use it. I use dust collection on my router table.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Are you still using your jobmax? I have a bunch of Ridgid tools but all been retired sitting on shelves next to the bosch compact saw, freak and grinder. I meant to sell it but no time to do so. Did you have to sell each tool individually? I am thinking to sell the whole lot for cheap just to get rid of all of it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My Ridgid router has dust collection attachment. I have had Ridgid router for 8 years and never used the dust collection attachment. If I had better vac set up I might use it. I use dust collection on my router table.

I know in the beginning Ridgid had a good company making their routers and sander. Where use yours made?

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I know in the beginning Ridgid had a good company making their routers and sander. Where use yours made?

I am not sure right now. I will check it out tomorrow.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Looks like my Ridgid router is Made in China.

Greg

Not really an issue as long as the parent company puts in the standards of manufacturing and quality control. Every factory in the world operates like this. They get the contract and in it will be the specifications and the quality control methods, plus verification by the customer. If the tool is poor, it’s not the factory (or where it’s located), it’s the customer who set the standards. The Bosch Glide Mitre is made in China too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Not really an issue as long as the parent company puts in the standards of manufacturing and quality control. Every factory in the world operates like this. They get the contract and in it will be the specifications and the quality control methods, plus verification by the customer. If the tool is poor, it’s not the factory (or where it’s located), it’s the customer who set the standards. The Bosch Glide Mitre is made in China too.

I agree Jim. Alot has do with standards of manufacturing and quality control. There is alot of things made in China now days.
    I am happy with my router. I haven’t had any issues with it.

Greg

Alot has do with standards of manufacturing and quality control.

ISO and QS9000 standards are pretty much across the board now. Everyone is speaking the same “language” when it comes to quality standards and practices. You get what you pay for with it. No less, and certainly no more.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I bought a corded half inch VSR hammer drill that when first offered around 17-18 years ago they were made for Ridgid in West Germany by Metabo. I even had a Ridgid rep confirm this at a woodworking show back then. Within two years of buying it they started making them in China instead. There was a 6 inch sander at the time that had the same path on manufacture back then too, but I never bought it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man are you ever lost!!!

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 873 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.065 seconds