dcsimg

RIDGID Playin with the big bois

This topic contains 809 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 810 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I can’t even comprehend putting a normal 18V battery in a jacket. How do you hide the bulge

Why hide it

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I heard the 12V Milwaukee Heated Jackets will now take the 18V batteries, just swap out the battery holder.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I heard the 12V Milwaukee Heated Jackets will now take the 18V batteries, just swap out the battery holder.

I couldn’t seem to find the 18v holders around anywhere – I would be interested in the Bosch one for sure if it exists.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I’ve heard that for sure about the Milwaukee and Dewalt – You can just unplug the battery controller from either and swap them back and forth. Wasn’t sure if it was the same with the Bosch. That’s pretty cool actually.

It would be nice to be able to use Milwaukee 12v batteries in the Bosch jacket. I am already invested in the Milwaukee 12v platform but would like to get the Bosch jacket from here. I can find extra battery controllers for Bosch but it seems that Milwaukee doesn’t sell them separately.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

redwood
    Pro

I would think that using another manufacturers battery would void any warranty and possibly make the jacket go kapoof.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was thinkin you could put a motorcycle battery in a baby buggy and wire that bad boy up

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

ORrrrrrr you could rig the motorcycle battery up in a L-Boxx and wire it to the jacket and carry around a L-Boxx and that would look very cool

Dirty

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

ORrrrrrr you could rig the motorcycle battery up in a L-Boxx and wire it to the jacket and carry around a L-Boxx and that would look very cool

I’m not sure about the Bosch jacket but for the Milwaukee jacket you can get an adapter that plugs into a 12 volt outlet. My neighbor wired an outlet onto his Goldwing and uses his Milwaukee jacket for cold weather riding.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m not sure about the Bosch jacket but for the Milwaukee jacket you can get an adapter that plugs into a 12 volt outlet. My neighbor wired an outlet onto his Goldwing and uses his Milwaukee jacket for cold weather riding.

Wow that’s smooth! I wonder how it does, it sure gets cold on the motorcycle.

Dirty

I wonder if these jackets help sore muscles with the heat…anyone that has one have any thoughts on this?

Orange County, CA

I wonder if these jackets help sore muscles with the heat…anyone that has one have any thoughts on this?

Ohhh – kinda like taking a hot shower or getting in the hot tub after a long hard day? I suppose maybe if you were wearing it inside, but I would probably just get hot and fall asleep…

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I think my points may end up getting mis-directed away from my goals for one of those jackets after this. Especially if I could figure a way to use my M12 batteries with it, I have a ton of them kicking around right now and don’t really want to start up another battery line. The new brushless 12v makes it tempting to switch though.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

We were out riding not that long ago, it was in the mid 30’s. I was bundled in several layers and got cold; he had on two layers under his heated jacket then his insulated riding coat over top and said that he stayed nice and warm.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With it plugged into the bikes 12volt you don’t have to worry about a battery dieing.

Dirty

We were out riding not that long ago, it was in the mid 30′s. I was bundled in several layers and got cold; he had on two layers under his heated jacket then his insulated riding coat over top and said that he stayed nice and warm.

Just to clarify – all he had to do was buy an adapter, right? I am not sure i would want to actually DIY modify it or hack it, but if there is an adapter, that sounds like a brilliant use of a heated jacket!

Dirty – have you taken the plunge into the rigid jacket?

John S

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

John, this is what he bought for the jacket – http://www.milwaukeetool.com/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/49-24-2301

Once he had that he just plugged in to a cigarette lighter plug on his bike and no worries about batteries going dead.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That is pretty slick.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty – have you taken the plunge into the rigid jacket?

It’s
    80º John

Dirty

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

John, this is what he bought for the jacket – http://www.milwaukeetool.com/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/49-24-2301
    Once he had that he just plugged in to a cigarette lighter plug on his bike and no worries about batteries going dead.

That’s slick, I didn’t know they made that. It would be perfect for the snowmobile out here too.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t see this new Ridgid Vac at my HD yet but it looks nice.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.947 seconds