dcsimg

RIDGID Playin with the big bois

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 851 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Interesting that they didn’t do a 12V like others. I wonder why they decided to go 18V. I guess I’m going to have to get on board with everyone else and give one a shot.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I got a really nice new jacket for Christmas – in a way I almost wish I hadn’t because it’s making it hard for me to justify getting a heated one now 🙂 Two things that I liked about the DeWalt – you can get it with a hood which is nice (Milwaukee you can – but only in high vis), also it takes both the 12v/20v – an advantage of using the same connector style I guess.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I have not seen the RiDGID jacket yet, but the home depot around me is selling, Remington Clothes line.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have not seen it out here either.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Two things that I liked about the DeWalt – you can get it with a hood which is nice (Milwaukee you can – but only in high vis), also it takes both the 12v/20v – an advantage of using the same connector style I guess.

Do you like the look of the Dewalt? Just curious. I was neutral towards it.

I still don’t quite get this heated jacket craze of late, but maybe I just have my cranky pants on 🙂

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Do you like the look of the Dewalt? Just curious. I was neutral towards it.

I still don’t quite get this heated jacket craze of late, but maybe I just have my cranky pants on

It looked a little plain to me to be honest – but I liked the hood on it. I like the Bosch and Milwaukee much better. Milwaukee has an edge with the hoodies – maybe Bosch will introduce them or something to one-up Milwaukee – maybe some heated Bosch Gonch? 🙂

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

well as of now milwuakee, bosch, dewalt, rigid and makita all have heated jackets and they all can operate on 18v.. you simply need to buy a different battery pod for the milwaukee, bosch and makita

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

well as of now milwuakee, bosch, dewalt, rigid and makita all have heated jackets and they all can operate on 18v.. you simply need to buy a different battery pod for the milwaukee, bosch and makita

That is interesting to know. May think about upgrading.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I had no idea they had those – that might impact my decision a little bit knowing I could use my 18v slim pack with the Bosch jacket instead of adding another platform.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

For what it’s worth, the DeWalt, Milwaukee, and I think Bosch jackets will all work off of the other batteries. Same jack from what I understand.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For what it’s worth, the DeWalt, Milwaukee, and I think Bosch jackets will all work off of the other batteries. Same jack from what I understand.

Can’t be so

Dirty

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve heard that for sure about the Milwaukee and Dewalt – You can just unplug the battery controller from either and swap them back and forth. Wasn’t sure if it was the same with the Bosch. That’s pretty cool actually.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I dont know about having to store a 18v battery inside the jacket…seems rather bulky to me.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Moze
    Dallas, TX

The DeWalt jacket is extremely warm. A few weeks ago it was 25° out and I was wearing that over a couple of shirts and was plenty warm. I was almost disappointed because honestly, I don’t know if I’ll ever be in conditions cold enough to require the battery. I suppose if I was out all day in cold weather, I might opt to, but the jacket is pretty nice as is. If I were to use the heat function, I would likely use the 12v battery rather than the 18v.

Resident Sign Guy

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I dont know about having to store a 18v battery inside the jacket…seems rather bulky to me.

I have a little 1.3ah slim pack from my drill that I was thinking might not be too bad. Agreed I wouldn’t want to try any of the bigger packs in there.

redwood
    Pro

I’ve never seen any of the heated jackets in person. Maybe it’s our weather out here.

I can’t even comprehend putting a normal 18V battery in a jacket. How do you hide the bulge? I could see going in a store and being apprehended for shop lifting.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I can’t even comprehend putting a normal 18V battery in a jacket. How do you hide the bulge? I could see going in a store and being apprehended for shop lifting.

Nah, I’m sure they just think that you’re this guy. Sorry first thing I thought of:)

redwood
    Pro

Love Seinfeld, and that looks like my wallet.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That reminds me I need to clean out my wallet. It is tax time again.

IDK about having an 18V battery in a jacket. I do think it would just be a little bit too much.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Love Seinfeld, and that looks like my wallet.

That guy kills me! Mine so fat I keep in my front pocket.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 851 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.443 seconds