dcsimg

RIDGID Playin with the big bois

This topic contains 625 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 626 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see Ridgid has come out with their own 18volt heated jacket. I thought that this would happen seeing as they are owned by the same co. as Milwaukee and I’m sure all these garments come out of the same shop in China.

RIDGID tools. Exclusively at The Home Depot
    Introducing 18V Heated Jackets
    3 Core Heat Zones, Extended Runtime, Heated Pockets
    http://toolguyd.com/ridgid-heated-jackets/

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I thought the 18 hour runtime was pretty impressive. I assume that’s on low but that’s still pretty good. I do like the outside zippered pocked on the chest. I have the DeWalt jacket and the pockets have Velcro’d flaps – not crazy about them.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It could be nice if one of them had a heated hat with earbuds to go with the jacket.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I never really wear a jacket at work, I might wear a long sleeve in the morning. But I could understand wanting a slimmer jacket if it’s real cold out. Beats having to be bogged down in a huge jacket.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Mu guess is that it is just an orange Milwaukee jacket.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Funny they made it 18v instead of 12v. Maybe to compete a little less with Milwaukee?:)

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Whats the point of the higher voltage with the jacket? faster time to full heat? could be longer runtime but thats a matter of the Ah value.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

At least it isn,t bright orange

Maybe the batteries to use the most common size? Interesting that they came out with one…this is all the rage 2013/2014…I like that Bosch added on to the list too…

Orange County, CA

For all of these heated coats out there to buy I have yet to see something other than Mulwaukee. Of course they had the early start but I wonder how many coats are being sold.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For all of these heated coats out there to buy I have yet to see something other than Mulwaukee. Of course they had the early start but I wonder how many coats are being sold.

I don’t know? I have only seen the Milwaukee, it was on sale at the local tool shop.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I never really wear a jacket at work

I never use more than a t-shirt.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It should have a longer heating time with the 18volts.

Dirty

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve seen a few around here, all Milwaukee. You notice them mostly because of the giant LED light on the front, I don’t care for that much. I bet they were a pretty decent Christmas seller. I haven’t seen any others for sale in person yet, just online.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I didn’t know Ridgid was made by Milwaukee, did they just buy them or has it always been this way. It seems everybody is getting in bed with everybody these days.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Bosch bought a huge share of Freud Diablo.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I didn’t know Ridgid was made by Milwaukee, did they just buy them or has it always been this way. It seems everybody is getting in bed with everybody these days.

Yep, the parent company owns Ridgid, Milwaukee, Ryobi and a bunch of other things outside of tools – Hoover and Dirt Devil and more.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Bosch bought a huge share of Freud Diablo.

That’s true – Freud is under Bosch now. Same with Skil, Dremel, Rotozip, Vermont American and probably more I’m forgetting about. The nice thing is that none of them have gone down the tubes since being bought.

Someone needs to make one of those charts to show where everyone is owned by for tools, it’s pretty crazy nowadays. Stanley owns half the universe I think.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Stanley was once a great American Company. They go back to our beginning I believe.

What I thought was interesting was that Bosch owns a hospital.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes it’s true there are very few tool only company’s. That’s why I like Makita a tool only co.!

Dirty

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Stanley was once a great American Company. They go back to our beginning I believe.

I think the Stanley Rule and Level Company was founded in the 1850’s so they have been around awhile. Stanley is everywhere it seems, since Stanley and Black & Decker merged in 2010 they have control over a large part of the US tool market.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Funny they made it 18v instead of 12v. Maybe to compete a little less with Milwaukee?:)

That is a very good point because why would anyone want to go up against the Milwaukee 12V or Bosch 12V jackets. I think if you had a slim profile 18v battery is may be easier to hide and less obtrusive than the 12V barrel style.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 626 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 5.505 seconds