dcsimg

Ridgid Jobmax

This topic contains 193 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 194 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy

DirtyWhiteBoy

@dirtywhiteboy, HD has some nice close out prices, but only today and tomorrow

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So man I just saw that I need to up date my OMT heads. I’ll get 2 of these bad dogs,, I keep a good blade on one and a demo on the other.
    https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/jobmax-tool-free-multi-tool-head-r8223406b

That would be nice to be able to just swap the heads out when needed.

Sure would, like having multiple OMTs just like using multiple drill/drivers.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@dirtywhiteboy

I got the Jobmax 12V with the new tool free head. Its a nice head but I prefer what Bosch did with the 18V OMT. With the new Ridgid head you have to pull the lever out then you’re pulling up against a spring. Release is the same, but it drops down with a lot of force. The mechanism isn’t as convenient as the Bosch system, you kind of have to flip a little retainer but the holder is magnetized and I prefer it over the systems where you have the retainer/pin as a piece that comes off.

The Ridgid has 4 pins, unlike the Bosch’s 12 pins. OIS blades fit on the Ridgid head just fine, but Ridgid blades that came with the Jobmax don’t fit on the Bosch 18V OMT.

@dirtywhiteboy

I got the Jobmax 12V with the new tool free head. Its a nice head but I prefer what Bosch did with the 18V OMT. With the new Ridgid head you have to pull the lever out then you’re pulling up against a spring. Release is the same, but it drops down with a lot of force. The mechanism isn’t as convenient as the Bosch system, you kind of have to flip a little retainer but the holder is magnetized and I prefer it over the systems where you have the retainer/pin as a piece that comes off.

The Ridgid has 4 pins, unlike the Bosch’s 12 pins. OIS blades fit on the Ridgid head just fine, but Ridgid blades that came with the Jobmax don’t fit on the Bosch 18V OMT.

They have one of those 12v job Max’s from ridged on clearance by me . They are asking $ 119 dollars .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy

They have one of those 12v job Max’s from ridged on clearance by me . They are asking $ 119 dollars .

I thought 119$ was the normal price. I think it is out here. I was just looking at them yesterday at my HD. I can’t get the quick release head here, I must order on line.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

1/2 that here on clearance
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-JobMax-12-Volt-Multi-Tool-R82236SB/205395390?MERCH=RV-_-OD_NavPLP_rr-_-205928893-_-205395390-_-N

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

1/2 that here on clearance
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-JobMax-12-Volt-Multi-Tool-R82236SB/205395390?MERCH=RV-_-OD_NavPLP_rr-_-205928893-_-205395390-_-N

Here it is with the tool less head. At my local store.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-JobMax-12-Volt-Multi-Tool-with-Tool-Free-Head-R9700/205928893

Dirty

That’s why you really need to know your prices on tools . @dirtywhiteboy @sprokitz i check the stickers to see how much they lowered the cost of item . Also knowing online prices helps too .

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s why you really need to know your prices on tools . @dirtywhiteboy @sprokitz i check the stickers to see how much they lowered the cost of item . Also knowing online prices helps too .

Agreed. Prices, features, what’s included in kits…. you really have to be on top of things

@dirtywhiteboy
    @skillman

The 12V kit has the new head. I don’t think the other kits aside from the new corded Jobmax has the new tool free head. I did see one of the older 12V kits going for $70 so that sounds about right for the clearance price.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Also knowing online prices helps too .

Watching on line is the best. That’s how I got into that tool. 12volt driver and the OMT 2 batteries and a charger for 129$. I use the OMT all the time, it works very well. Also all kinds of blades can go on it. I use Bosch blades.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Although Rigid has a nice warranty I’ll wait for the new 12V Bosch multi-tool. I have a lot of Bosch 12V batteries.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Also knowing online prices helps too .

Watching on line is the best. That’s how I got into that tool. 12volt driver and the OMT 2 batteries and a charger for 129$. I use the OMT all the time, it works very well. Also all kinds of blades can go on it. I use Bosch blades.

Good deal you got . If any company came out with using its own blades they would be dead . Being able to use other brands blades is a must with OMT tools .

It’d be real nice to see what the new 12V brushless OMT offers. The 18V OMT I find has all the power and runtime in the world with a 4ah pack but it is pretty heavy and cumbersome. Haven’t had a chance to use the OMT part of the Jobmax yet but the new head apparently has a 2 degree swing to each side whereas the old one was a 1.4 degrees (According to a quick search anyways).

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I’ve been organizing the van and rounding up all my 12volt drivers into one box or 2 . Charging up all the batteries and such.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I’ve been organizing the van and rounding up all my 12volt drivers into one box or 2 . Charging up all the batteries and such.

I don’t think they will all fit in one box. Nice group of drivers you have there Dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@dirtywhiteboy

That’s quite the collection there, I see two Jobmax handles there. A total of three impact drivers with the one head attached.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy

That’s quite the collection there, I see two Jobmax handles there. A total of three impact drivers with the one head attached.

I have most of the heads. Those are just the driver heads.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

These tools are years old now and still serving me well. I’ve been using them everyday lately.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

These tools are years old now and still serving me well. I’ve been using them everyday lately.

Still like the design on that Ridgid jig saw. Ridgid ahs definitely stepped up their game. Keeping an eye on them for any Christmas season sales.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.524 seconds