dcsimg

Ridgid Jobmax

This topic contains 193 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 194 total)
  • Author

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Pretty sweet. Which do you find that you use the most?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use the multi tool the most. Of the right angles I use the drill driver to drill and counter sink then use the impact to drive the screw when setting cabinets. I use the drill-driver to drill and the impact to drive screws and I have a power handle for both so it’s very convenient.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I have the AC Jobmax and the 12V Jobmax with the oscillating (2x), the reciprocrating saw and the right angle drill driver attachments. Although I believe the recip saw lacks a little bit of cutting speed, I am more than pleased with the oscillating and the drill driver heads. The drill driver has been very useful under the sink to drill a hole for the dishwasher’s hoses.

Has anyone here tried the jigsaw attachment ? I’m interested in buying but have not found a dedicated review anywhere.

Quebec, Canada

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have their coffee grinder sized router and it’s a little workhorse.

I have the same router – its probably the router I use most often.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Every time I go to HD, I look at the jobmax. I may have to add it to my collection of ridgid tools.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Every time I go to HD, I look at the jobmax. I may have to add it to my collection of ridgid tools.

I received the AC Jobmax as my birthday present this last August and it’s become my go-to tool in many situations. Last night, I went and bought the 12V Jobmax as I sometimes felt that the AC version was a bit too much for minor touchups. Can’t wait to really work out that 12V Jobmax.

Quebec, Canada

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey JobMax fans keep a watch out at HD.com for JobMax specials. Sometimes you can get a JM with 2 heads or like I started out was a 12volt JobMax and a 12volt driver and 2 batteries and charger all for 129$. how could I go wrong? Now the collection looks like this. Oh by the way JohnS loves these pics it’s like a train wreck , he;s just got to looky see

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No I’m not done yet,,,,,,,,,,,
    That middle pic is where it all started.

Dirty

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I was just on HD’s website looking at the jobmax – they have a pneumatic version?!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was just on HD’s website looking at the jobmax – they have a pneumatic version?!

Yes they do! I’ve been tempted but not yet.

Dirty

Dirty — you need to put the Jobmax into an L-Boxx…

Orange County, CA

From what I’ve read, the pneumatic Jobmax requires an insane amount of SCFM for continuous use, therefore an enormous air tank, which can be a major turn-off for most DIYers out there.

Quebec, Canada

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Fortunately for me I have a plethora of air compressors…one of which happens to be a 10 gallon compressor that I use for roofing

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

From what I’ve read, the pneumatic Jobmax requires an insane amount of SCFM for continuous use, therefore an enormous air tank, which can be a major turn-off for most DIYers out there.

That’s why I’ve held off. My compressor is not big

Attachments:

Dirty

Anyone use a Rolair?

Orange County, CA

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Anyone use a Rolair?

I used to have a jc10 until it grew legs one day.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

That stinks….how did you like it? I have read that they are very quiet, which is appealing to me. Cycle time good? Any pros/cons? Thanks!

Edit — Just checked — no points for this reply…

Orange County, CA

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

It was a great compressor. I used for interior trim, very quiet – you could be in the same room with and talk at a normal volume. Cycle time was good, it was light….all in all a great trim compressor. As for cons – I don’t believe the jc10 would work well for anything other than trim work.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Edit — Just checked — no points for this reply…

Looks like we’ve maxed out…..

Dirty

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m not sure if a 10 Gallon would be enough to run a pneumatic jobmax. Pneumatic tools like that will empty a compressor in short order. I have a Campbell Hausfeld 8 gallon that is suppose to be the equivalent of larger compressor, and using an impact with it will cause it to run a lot. I find it is just not quite enough for air tools. I would like to see how the Jobmax compares though.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.734 seconds