dcsimg

Ridgid Jobmax

This topic contains 193 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 194 total)
  • Author

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Jason this thread was started by,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JohnS
    <P></P>
    <P>Oh sorry Edit+++= you said Profile pic</P>

Arent they all started by john s ? 😉

Attachments:

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

<br><br>
    Well Hope you will get some snacks and stay a while

:P

Does anybody know if the jobmax has any recent developments in terms of new additions to the line? Or upgrades to the batteries, etc?

JohnS funny you should ask I really didn’t want a information overload going on here so I was holding back on some stuff But just for those that want to know THIS IS TOP SECRETE INFO GOING ON HERE AND IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW LOOK AWAY NOW!!!!

Ridgid is releasing a new 4 AH 12volt battery to go in their 12 volt lineup Again this is top secrete stuff and should not be released at this time so mums the word Or I shall never share the top secrete stuff again

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love this cage match of an article on the Jobmax!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/reviews/power-tools/ridgid-jobmax-versus-the-world

Man Jason that was a battle
    Kinda surprising how well the JobMax did

Dirty

Chad
    Pro

I have only used a Rigid drill. Not real impressed, seamed a little heavy. DW not any better. You cant go wrong with my Milwaukee cordless tools, down to the Milwaukee Radio.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Have you used the JobMax Chad?

Dirty

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sven? JohnS have you seen Sven around here before?<br>
    Well Hope you will get some snacks and stay a while

True. I’m not going anywhere. I kinda like this place.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

These are updated shot just to make JohnS drool.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

More!!!

Dirty

Looks like you bought in – hook, line, and sinker Dirty. I am not there myself, but to each his own! And I was impressed with that article Jason posted… very cool.

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I was scoping out Ridgid on their website this weekend and noticed that they have a lifetime tool warranty? Has anyone taken them up on this before? If its a solid backed warranty then heck it would be good to have a drill that you use for grunt work like mixing crete or paint exe.

Cool article, but I always think that any tool article is suspect — they are never really unbiased. This is not to say that the Jobmax is not a great tool that does all the things the article says well. I like some Ridgid stuff and some of it I would pass on.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was scoping out Ridgid on their website this weekend and noticed that they have a lifetime tool warranty? Has anyone taken them up on this before? If its a solid backed warranty then heck it would be good to have a drill that you use for grunt work like mixing crete or paint exe.

Yes Jason,, the earlier jobmax 12volt had a solder spot at the trigger that heated up and went out and I would just take it back the HD and they give me a new one. No receipt, they just opened a new box and pulled out the new power handle and pau.

Dirty

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Yes Jason,, the earlier jobmax 12volt had a solder spot at the trigger that heated up and went out and I would just take it back the HD and they give me a new one. No receipt, they just opened a new box and pulled out the new power handle and pau.

Wow dirty that is really impressive. I hope it drives the whole industry in that direction. Do they ask you if it was for personal or commercial use?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No HD doesn’t. The tool is intended for the jobsite and construction industry use.

Dirty

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

That sounds as good as the old Craftsman warranty. I am very impressed that they are willing to stand behind their tools to that extent. The more I am reading and hearing about Ridgid the more I think they are not all that bad.

That sounds as good as the old Craftsman warranty. I am very impressed that they are willing to stand behind their tools to that extent. The more I am reading and hearing about Ridgid the more I think they are not all that bad.

It would be hard for companies to make money with this kind of a warranty though…

John S

I think Ridgid makes some nice stuff — their routers seem decent and I know at one point their sander was made by Metabo and was very nice. Like anything, some duds in the mix too. I had a Craftsman table saw that is/was the exact replica of the Ridgid table saw for several years and it worked well. Only got rid of it when I upgraded to a cabinet saw.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think Ridgid makes some nice stuff — their routers seem decent and I know at one point their sander was made by Metabo and was very nice. Like anything, some duds in the mix too. I had a Craftsman table saw that is/was the exact replica of the Ridgid table saw for several years and it worked well. Only got rid of it when I upgraded to a cabinet saw.

This is very true. Ridgid is a name that HD uses for their line of tools and sub out the manufacturing to different tool co. As Scot has said some are good and some not so good. I have their coffee grinder sized router and it’s a little workhorse.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ooh…I did not know that they had an “impact”…that would be pretty slick. I am going to have to check it out…thanks, Dirty!

Yes that have 2 different right angle heads you can see them in this pic.

Attachments:

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.577 seconds