dcsimg

Ridgid Jobmax

Viewing 14 posts - 181 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like RIDGID is updating the Jobmax system. Details at the link below.

http://toolguyd.com/ridgid-megamax-modular-tool-system-teaser/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like RIDGID is updating the Jobmax system. Details at the link below.

http://toolguyd.com/ridgid-megamax-modular-tool-system-teaser/

I’ve been waiting for them to update that tool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like the wait is over although no real time table given but at least it is in the works.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like the wait is over although no real time table given but at least it is in the works.

Unlike some companies, Ridgid seems to have stuff in stores while the buzz around a new tool is still fresh. I’m guessing within the month

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I hope it’s not only the 18v. The 12v needs the update too.

I recently got the Ridgid jobmax 12volt . I’ve been happy with it . I’m looking at getting more attachments for it and extra battery .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I find I use the right angle impact and the 3/8ths ratchet head the most.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my first omt was the 12v jobmax.. i bought it pretty much within a week of it hitting shelves here i think… 8 months after i got it the trigger burnt out , that was fixed under warrenty… then the trigger went again about 6 months later.. i just tossed the tool and sold the battery and charger on kijiji

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

my first omt was the 12v jobmax.. i bought it pretty much within a week of it hitting shelves here i think… 8 months after i got it the trigger burnt out , that was fixed under warrenty… then the trigger went again about 6 months later.. i just tossed the tool and sold the battery and charger on kijiji

It did have a bad soder point on the trigger and they replaced all mine that burnt out. That problem is gone now. It’s a good thing because when I toast one it gets replaced with a updated tool.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yah.. i think the trigger issue was pretty much 1 out of every 2 when they first came out… hopefully its only like 1 out of every 100 now..

the milwaukee 12v i had 3 years ago just flat out burned out,, and the corded bosch i bought in 2012 had teh gear head wear out, the repair shop wanted $130 to fix it, i said no,, same week i found a refurbished makita at princess auto ( canadian harbor freight) for $60, its still going strong

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

yah.. i think the trigger issue was pretty much 1 out of every 2 when they first came out… hopefully its only like 1 out of every 100 now..

the milwaukee 12v i had 3 years ago just flat out burned out,, and the corded bosch i bought in 2012 had teh gear head wear out, the repair shop wanted $130 to fix it, i said no,, same week i found a refurbished makita at princess auto ( canadian harbor freight) for $60, its still going strong

I think they got that trigger thing worked out, I gotten the newer ones very hot and they seem to keep going…

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

like you said dirty.. poor quality sodder joints in teh first model..

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

like you said dirty.. poor quality sodder joints in teh first model..

In fact I use using the 12v today getting it scary hot.. I had to cool it off with the air hose.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
Viewing 14 posts - 181 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.569 seconds