dcsimg

Ridgid Jobmax

This topic contains 193 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 194 total)
  • Author

I am partly making this to prevent me from derailing another topic… But since Dirty loves his jobmax, I figured it might be nice to have a dedicated topic for him to rant and rave about it 😛

Anyways, I am curious if anyone else has toyed with getting the setup or other systems comparable?

And Dirty – what do you find to be the greatest weakness(es) of the jobmax? Are any of the accessories NOT very good? Which are best?

John S

In the category of trying to combine more than one tool together, this caught my eye. One – for trying to combine an impact drill/driver with impact wrench. And two – panasonic… Don’t see many of their tools around, but I am pretty sure they make Hilti’s batteries… Or at least used to…

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/panasonic-ey7549x-cordless-multi-impact-drill-driver/8587

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I was researching oscillating multi-tools today and I read some real hit or miss reviews on the Jobmax. Most seem to hint that it works but its not as refined as a dedicated multi like the Fein or Bosch.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

JohnS the weakness would be the fact that i need a tool to change the BurrrrrHead blades. That in itself is not really a big deal because I keep it right with blades and all that stuff lives in a med. size T-Boxx. The med. boxx has a tray on top I keep all the blades for the jigsaw, sanding pads for thr detail sanding head, driver bits ect.ect.ect.+ the allen tool for blade change.

Oh thanks for the thread JohnS

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Dirty did you get all of that Jobmax in a huge kit or have you been adding on as you go?

I like the T box setup you have yourself into there.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Jason I started with a sale on HD.com for the 12volt driver and the JobMax, burrrr head and sanding head 2 batterys and charger for 129$ Like I’ve said before when the battery die I just return them to HD for a new one! I’ve had one JobMax tool go out and they exchanged it for a new one no questions asked! I now have 2 cordless ones and a corded one. Then I add on as I go.

Dirty

Jason I started with a sale on HD.com for the 12volt driver and the JobMax, burrrr head and sanding head 2 batterys and charger for 129$ Like I’ve said before when the battery die I just return them to HD for a new one! I’ve had one JobMax tool go out and they exchanged it for a new one no questions asked! I now have 2 cordless ones and a corded one. Then I add on as I go.

That is pretty awesome service – surprisingly so… Ridgid scares me when it comes to getting replacements (batteries mostly), so that is good to hear.

And I just realized you use T-boxx for tough box… man, am I slow!

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sorry bout the T-Boxx John, I sometimes make up things as I go

Dirty

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I sometimes use A box. I get those out behind the liquor store. Some times I only have one box and forced to put my stuff in D box.

Sorry bout the T-Boxx John, I sometimes make up things as I go

haha no no it works great! Shorthand is always helpful, so long as it is understood. And t-box makes total sense for dewalt tough boxes!

Attachments:

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Speaking of short hand I bet it would be tough for a newbie to come onto the forum and try and understand some of our threads. I will try to make a an effort to clarify some of my terms here and there 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Here’s the beast cutting nails…

Dirty

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Love that you are repping the Jobmax on your Profile pic Dirty. While at HD today I did play around with the Jobmax. It has a funky grip on it but I am guessing that’s to accommodate all the weird tools that go on it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Jason this thread was started by,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JohnS

Oh sorry Edit+++= you said Profile pic

Dirty

Jason this thread was started by,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JohnS

haha I am glad I am not on Dirty’s good side. I think there was a brief season where I was on his bad list 🙁 haha

And thanks for posting the video Dirty!

Attachments:

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

JohnS you’re not on my bad side..LOL It’s just you dislike for Ridgid I have the same dislike for Ridgid tools It’s just some of them are winners! I have the same dis like for DeWalt tools, that being said I just bought a DW745 table saw. Go figure Lets see if I have any pics of DeWalt tools???
    JohnS you’re a lot like me

ps can you see how much the smilies help this post??

Dirty

Looks like you have plenty of tools Dirty 🙂 haha

Showing off your folding saw (Silky Gomboy) like that makes me wonder what you think of it? I have heard lots of great things about it, and I feel like the fact that it folds up for protecting both the blade and you is a great feature!

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Looks like Dirty needs some L-Boxxes for the back of his rig.

I know a guy that raves about the folding saw. He likes it a lot.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Sven? JohnS have you seen Sven around here before?
    Well Hope you will get some snacks and stay a while

Dirty

Sven? JohnS have you seen Sven around here before?<br>
    Well Hope you will get some snacks and stay a while

Sven is a recent addition to the forum, but he is definitely of kin in terms of approving l-boxxes 😛 which is awesome!

Does anybody know if the jobmax has any recent developments in terms of new additions to the line? Or upgrades to the batteries, etc?

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.643 seconds