dcsimg

Ridgid as a 18v Tool line

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Ridgid routinely comes in as best value for performance in these tool line tests. Never the best, seldom the worst but good for the cost.

That’s probably the best way to describe Rigid as a whole.

I only own a table saw and shop vac mad by them and don’t see myself buying more, although for the price I can’t complain too much

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I haven’t read everyones posts but does anyone else you know have Ridgid tools? Or do you work with anyone else who has another brand of cordless tools? My opinion is to get like tools so that you can share batteries or be able to borrow specialized tools so that each of you do not have to own both.

That sure is a nice saw, small, but big enough for many jobs, and the amount of cuts possible, this will definitely be a nice addition,

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I haven’t read everyones posts but does anyone else you know have Ridgid tools? Or do you work with anyone else who has another brand of cordless tools? My opinion is to get like tools so that you can share batteries or be able to borrow specialized tools so that each of you do not have to own both.

I had ridgid stuff about 4 or five years ago before I got my bosch stuff. I was the only one with it usually.

like tools so that you can share batteries or be able to borrow specialized tools so that each

I have a the rigid drill and impact driver combo kit that I picked up on sale when I needed one due to a battery failure on my Milwaulkee, and I have been happy with them for the price, not as nice as my brother in law’s Bosch but reasonable tough, acceptable performance and cheap.

Will

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Ridgid routinely comes in as best value for performance in these tool line tests. Never the best, seldom the worst but good for the cost.

I only own a table saw and shop vac mad by them and don’t see myself buying more, although for the price I can’t complain too much

I love their shop vacs. For the price, you can’t find a better one.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I love their shop vacs. For the price, you can’t find a better one.

Its hard to find a jobsite with out a ridgid shop vac on it. I loved my 18v ridgid vac so much that I converted it to take bosch batteries.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I love the little 4 gallon vac. I also have a sander, a 9 gallon vac and of course some plumbing tools which is their forte.

That’s the extent of it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I love the little 4 gallon vac. I also have a sander, a 9 gallon vac and of course some plumbing tools which is their forte.

That’s the extent of it.

Red ridgid tools are different than orange ones. I think a lot of the red plumbing tools are still made in America. Ohio to be more precise

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks single bevel to me.

That’s why in this post I put a link to product and it’s specs.

but does anyone else you know have Ridgid tools?

About 2 years ago Ridgid and Bosch cordless had the same size of market share as Ridgid.

you can share batteries or be able to borrow specialized tools so that each of you do not have to own both.

I don’t need to barrow anyones batteries and don’t care to lend mine out. What is a specialized tool? The Ridgid JobMax?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a the rigid drill and impact driver combo kit that I picked up on sale

I have 2 of the 12 volt combo kits and they are very good.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is also 13lb. lighter than the Bosch saw. Duel bevel and all.

Wow that much lighter, that is a big difference.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s the extent of it.

Red ridgid tools are different than orange ones. I think a lot of the red plumbing tools are still made in America. Ohio to be more precise

The plumbing hand tools are made by The Ridge Tool Company. Emerson electric makes the vacs and TTI make the construction tools. I can no longer find the construction tool listed under TTIs brands??? I don’t know why, I didn’t get a notice of it being sold.

I think the JobMax system is pretty nifty. It is a bit large on some of the heads when you use the 12V handle. It could use more attachments.

I’m really impressed Ridgid making a 7-1/4″ 18V circ however, I’m still disappointed that Bosch hasn’t put out a 7-1/4″ 18V circular saw.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m really impressed Ridgid making a 7-1/4″ 18V circ however, I’m still disappointed that Bosch hasn’t put out a 7-1/4″ 18V circular saw.

The 6½” saw will cut a 2×4 on a 45º I don’t see the big deal in the 7¼”??

More 7-1/4″ blade options is really the thing since 6-1/2″ tends to cost more and be less common.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Saw this today. Brushless 18v trim router. Wonder how long before we see a cordless colt

https://m.facebook.com/Coptool/posts/10154486697164722

Saw this today. Brushless 18v trim router. Wonder how long before we see a cordless colt

I saw that too! Looks pretty compact. I doubt we see anything similar from Bosch in a timely manner. @DirtyWhiteBoy do you have 18v Ridgid stuff?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw that too! Looks pretty compact. I doubt we see anything similar from Bosch in a timely manner. @dirtywhiteboy do you have 18v Ridgid stuff?

Why yes I doThere’s a little Ridgid in most of us I just looked at the router!!! I only have 12volt tools. That thing looks great!! It’s a tester tool for the red headed brother co. I know a few years back Ryobi had a 18 volt router out. So they already know what they are doing.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I found it,,,,

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.379 seconds