dcsimg

Ridgid as a 18v Tool line

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

On question I have with Rigid is, are they going for the Hispanic tool segment of the market? I only say that because they named their new tool line “Fuego” or “Hot”. Personally when I think of electricity and power tools the last thing I want is it to be hot because that would mean its in-efficient.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Kind of like the Daiblo blades uh?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Has anyone seen the NEW Brushless 18v 7-1/4 in. Dual Bevel Miter Saw Kit! Get over 600 cuts through 3-1/4″ base molding on a single charge with the included 5Ah battery! It is the orange headed brother of the the great Milwaukee tool line.
    http://thd.co/2ah2oic

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Has anyone seen the NEW Brushless 18v 7-1/4 in. Dual Bevel Miter Saw Kit!

Not yet but Ridgid has been coming out with some very nice stuff that is causing me to take a closer look at their tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Has anyone seen the NEW Brushless 18v 7-1/4 in. Dual Bevel Miter Saw Kit! Get over 600 cuts through 3-1/4″ base molding on a single charge with the included 5Ah battery! It is the orange headed brother of the the great Milwaukee tool line.

No not yet. Dual bevel and light(guessing). I can see it being handy for a few quick cuts.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow they are definitely taking steps to up their game, now ridgid and milwaukee will be the only battery portable mitre saws for the time being. Kinda surprised it wasn’t ryobi to take the next step.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I actually see more use for a smaller battery powered single bevel saw than a bigger battery powered saw. If bosch came out with one just like this I would buy it.

wow they are definitely taking steps to up their game, now ridgid and milwaukee will be the only battery portable mitre saws for the time being. Kinda surprised it wasn’t ryobi to take the next step.

Makita, dewalt, matebo, and ryiobi all have em

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Dewalt has a 20v version that has been out for a while.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

i definitley havent been impressed by rigids tools or dewalts.. the only tool ive had from rigid that never gave me issues was my 23 gauge micropinner..

the only dewalt saw thats any good in my opinion is their table saws

Agree with that. Ridgid does make a good pin nailer.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ridgid is still iffy in the cordless market… not to mention the service centers just keep dropping off the map

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

ridgid is still iffy in the cordless market… not to mention the service centers just keep dropping off the map

I agree they are somewhere between diy and professional grade. Which makes sense because they are owned by tti and Milwaukee is there pro grade and ryiobi their diy line.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No not yet. Dual bevel and light(guessing). I can see it being handy for a few quick cuts.

It is also 13lb. lighter than the Bosch saw. Duel bevel and all.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Incorrect, Makita was the first to come out with a 18v sliding compound miter saw years ago and Ryobi has had out a 18v chop saw for years also. @overanalyze doesn’t he have one?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I actually see more use for a smaller battery powered single bevel saw than a bigger battery powered saw. If bosch came out with one just like this I would buy it.

It’s a duel bevel. So you will not buy a tool unless it’s a Bosch? So you only have one battery platform?

They do us good out here. They just switch it out. It cost too much to fix out here.

I agree they are somewhere between diy and professional grade. Which makes sense because they are owned by tti and Milwaukee is there pro grade and ryiobi their diy line.

The Ridgid tools are advertised as a pro grade tool and the wormdrive is loved by all that use it. The ½” drill is the second most used mixer in this market. I’ve been using the JobMax for years now and love it. Their sander and routers are good and at one time were made by Matabo.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Ridgid routinely comes in as best value for performance in these tool line tests. Never the best, seldom the worst but good for the cost.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think Ridgid is stepping up their game and aiming at the Pros that come into the store to buy materials. Their new shop vac is an example, very well thought out. Their battery warranty is second to none.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It is also 13lb. lighter than the Bosch saw. Duel bevel and all.

Man that’s a lot lighter. Sure be nice packing that one around.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that’s a lot lighter. Sure be nice packing that one around.

Yep Ridgid is really stepping up their game. This saw makes a lot of sense to me being cordless and light.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I actually see more use for a smaller battery powered <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>single bevel saw than a bigger battery powered saw. If bosch came out with one just like this I would buy it.

It’s a duel bevel. So you will not buy a tool unless it’s a Bosch? So you only have one battery platform?

They do us good out here. They just switch it out. It cost too much to fix out here.

The Ridgid tools are advertised as a pro grade tool and the wormdrive is loved by all that use it. The ½” drill is the second most used mixer in this market. I’ve been using the JobMax for years now and love it. Their sander and routers are good and at one time were made by Matabo.

Looks single bevel to me. And if bosch has a cordless tool that I need then I will get it. Otherwise I will get Milwaukee since I have their cordless stuff too. I don’t mind having more than one platform but I am not getting a third.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t mind having more than one platform but I am not getting a third.

That is what has stopped me from looking at Ridgid, not wanting or needing another battery platform. But with their new tools coming out hard not to be impressed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.500 seconds