dcsimg

Rewards Redemption

This topic contains 944 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 945 total)
  • Author

Doobie

I’m actually liking what I’m reading now. Honest comments about members thoughts on the forum without the self interest point of view. That’s valuable criticism and potentially constructive towards a better forum that I hope someone in control at Bosch is reading, but most importantly towards shining a light on the integrity of its users. Kudos to those who have commented in a constructively honest way whether it be critical, or complimemtary.

But I think ome thing is clear…..the redemption delay issue complaining, and I can understand the unervedness of it to some extent, has to cease. It’s not who we should be as BTP forumites regardless of the whole rewards business. Frankly, for me, if someone is just here for the rewards, politely leave please. We should be here for skills, knowledge, opinion and experience sharing but not without SOME fun interjected along the way also known as ‘comaradery’.

I post 10 a day all the time, but that’s more some kind of addictive habit than anything. I have an addictive personality/nature, and this forum is one of my ‘habits’ now. Can’t help myself frankly. If the whole points thing disappeared tomorrow, I don’t believe I’d be any different.

Past forums I’ve been on with no points I was really no different, and here, I don’t save my replies for the next day and often go even way over the 10 a day here. I don’t care, keep the conversation going! But that’s been harder now as others won’t reply til their day rolls over saving their posts to the next day to maximize their effort/reward. Nobody will admit that, but we know it’s true of many. Truly, a rewards system forum is a two edged sword.

I dunno. I’m just hoping as some say, or promote actually, that this forum is not in its death throws is just talk and nothing more. I love this place! No mass infestation of trolls or flamers for one is a big thing compared to other social media places for me. I despise trolls and flamers! The odd simpleton a$$hole once in a while on occasion is actually not that bad…..as long as they contribute the important stuff that we should all be here for. I prefer that kind of sporadic bad boy member over one who contributes squat of value to us with just endless fluff and agreement posts.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

. Frankly, for me, if someone is just here for the rewards, politely leave please. We should be here for skills, knowledge, opinion and experience sharing but not without SOME fun interjected along the way also known as ‘comaradery’.

I am not here for rewards. I don’t get wrong it nice to to get forsure. I was one of those guys complaining about receiving his redemption. I never really wanted it to sound like complaining. I have said before and I will said again I enjoy it here. I believe I have some skills & knowledge to add to this forum. This forum made me feel welcome from day one. I can’t say that about other forums I belong too.

Past forums I’ve been on with no points I was really no different, and here, I don’t save my replies for the next day and often go even way over the 10 a day here. I don’t care, keep the conversation going! But that’s been harder now as others won’t reply til their day rolls over saving their posts to the next day to maximize their effort/reward. Nobody will admit that, but we know it’s true of many. Truly, a rewards system forum is a two edged sword.

I try not to save my replies to next day. I know I have before. If I have done before it because I limited to the time spent online. I hardly ever post while I am at work as I don’t have much time. I have more free time on weekends.

If it does come too a end I have enjoyed my time here. I have learnt a few things and had a few laughs.

I am not going anywhere till there is nowhere to to go.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I contacted a Mod over on another website I frequent and here is their response.

Hello Bill – Thank you for your question! I have reached out to the team that runs the Be the Pro group, and I have asked them about the program, especially about the orders you have placed. There have been some changes internally with both personnel and programs, so it’s good that you asked so that they are aware of the outstanding issues. We appreciate your help! As soon as I hear something, I will be sure to pass the information along to you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I contacted a Mod over on another website I frequent and here is their response.

Hello Bill – Thank you for your question! I have reached out to the team that runs the Be the Pro group, and I have asked them about the program, especially about the orders you have placed. There have been some changes internally with both personnel and programs, so it’s good that you asked so that they are aware of the outstanding issues. We appreciate your help! As soon as I hear something, I will be sure to pass the information along to you.

Thanks Bill! I guess one never knows what is going on.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

More surprise boxes.

Oh the goodie boXXes.

I was one of those guys complaining about receiving his redemption.

I wouldn’t worry about it. It never happened when Jim was here and It’s only because of lack of communication from Bosch is the only reason it happens now. I believe it happens in hopes of getting a reply.

Attachments:

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Sorry to say but if the end is here, we have on one to blame but ourselves. Bosch put out a great site with incredible rewards opportunities only to have everyone complain about the time it takes to get them or to get a response to an email. Tens of thousands of points have been racked up by members complaining about the site, I would shut it down if I were them.

This site is supposed to be about Content, Construction and woodworking content, not complaints. Take your wining somewhere else.

I post very little anymore, maybe a half dozen posts a week, because there is so little real content to reply to. Stick to the topics and the focus of the site and we would not be worrying about points or redemption’s.

We used to have great discussions about tools and projects, but not it is all about “poor me” I have not heard back on a request. The value of a site like this to Bosch, is applicable content and visibility. All the wining and complaining that has come lately diminishes the value of the site and therefore the value to our sponsor.

There is no place else on the web that has the reward opportunities like this site, and in my opinion, those opportunities have been taken advantage of by many.

If you want the site to be taken seriously, stop posting crap like “it is cold today” and create and post relevant information of new and interesting projects that people are genuinely interested in.

If you are making your 10 posts a day, everyday, to max out your posts and points, you are probably part of the problem.

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger from “Kindergarten Cop” “STOP WHINING!”

Kindly agree with everything you said.
    I might add the congratulations for any other trinket or tool purchased and presented to the forum. Just to make those ( at least ) 10 posts per day.

I also followed up today and someone is going to poke around to see what is going on – I will post what I find out. Sounds like someone new is taking over managing the site and maybe this is all in transition. I am not all that worried about things one way or the other and hopefully we can get back to posting good content and discussions.

I have a new master bedroom set I am making and I might start a new thread on this project.

Orange County, CA

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am a relative newbie here.

Actually I joined a while back I think in 2012 or 2013, I don’t remember. When I first joined there was hardly any activity here. I soon forgot about this site.

Then in 2017 I got all my tools stolen. I had a chance for a fresh start and I started to do some serious homework in deciding what to buy, and in my search about Bosch’s offerings I came across this site and I found a bunch of old threads that’s quite useful. I soon decided to join just so I can ask questions on many of those long forgotten threads, only to realize I have already joined years ago.

So for me I didn’t have the previous experience of many here who have gotten free tools, surprise boxes etc…

What I like about this site is the neighborhood bar feel with many of the regular members, and the depths you can go into on some discussions.

What I also like about this site is there isn’t a lot of ads. I am on some forum sites that started out great and as soon as they decide to monetize, the actual content is 3″ wide and the ads on either sides are 6″ wide. Every twenty words you read is a video playing and pop ups.

What I also like is the more tool-centric discussions.

I do wish there is more specific trade discussions as those forums are very much idle.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

wouldn’t worry about it. It never happened when Jim was here and It’s only because of lack of communication from Bosch is the only reason it happens now. I believe it happens in hopes of getting a reply.

I am not going worry about it. I agree a lack of communication.

Greg

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have a new master bedroom set I am making and I might start a new thread on this project.

Please do Scot. Always fun watching your projects come together.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I also followed up today and someone is going to poke around to see what is going on – I will post what I find out. Sounds like someone new is taking over managing the site and maybe this is all in transition. I am not all that worried about things one way or the other and hopefully we can get back to posting good content and discussions.

Dying to hear what you guys find out…..I think! 😕

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

theamcguy wrote:

MrToolJunkie wrote:

Dying to hear what you guys find out…..I think!

I guess you could say I am dying to hear what they find out too.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

If you want the site to be taken seriously, stop posting crap like “it is cold today” and create and post relevant information of new and interesting projects that people are genuinely interested in.

If you are making your 10 posts a day, everyday, to max out your posts and points, you are probably part of the problem.

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger from “Kindergarten Cop” “STOP WHINING!”

Guilty! Thanks for the wake-up call, Kurt.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love your work, please start a thread.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

One possible solution to police and reward better quality content on here is to use the THANK YOU feature that’s already here. You can post 100 times a day, but when another member thank you for a particular post because you made a good observation or helped solved a problem or shared something useful, then the thanks earned would count towards some sort of rewards. This will theoretically prevent points being earned by someone posting “I bought a two inch long nail today” and the follow up “congrats on the two inch nail and look forward to see what hammer is used to pound on it” posts. It also give some power to the member community to have a say into what content is more valuable.

Of course, nothing is perfect, as a system like this can easily be broken by say 30 or so members forming a clic, and they thank each other multiple times on all posts, causing it to totally break down.

But it is a vehicle towards having a reward system based on contributions as valued by the members and involve no software changes. Just thinking out loud.

Doobie

One possible solution to police and reward better quality content on here is to use the THANK YOU feature that’s already here. You can post 100 times a day, but when another member thank you for a particular post because you made a good observation or helped solved a problem or shared something useful, then the thanks earned would count towards some sort of rewards. This will theoretically prevent points being earned by someone posting “I bought a two inch long nail today” and the follow up “congrats on the two inch nail and look forward to see what hammer is used to pound on it” posts. It also give some power to the member community to have a say into what content is more valuable.

Of course, nothing is perfect, as a system like this can easily be broken by say 30 or so members forming a clic, and they thank each other multiple times on all posts, causing it to totally break down.

But it is a vehicle towards having a reward system based on contributions as valued by the members and involve no software changes. Just thinking out loud.

If I’m not mistaken, I think they did have a Thank You rewards at some point early on before I came here. It didn’t work and was removed IIRC.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I received my order around the end of July or mid August,
    That’s the last item I redeemed for,

I like posting and reading about tools and equipment and projects,
    I have passed posting 10 posts a few times, it’s not just the fact we can get them free, it’s the input and opinions I have received over the years,

I’m not the most talented or most experienced guy here, but I try.

PS , congrats on the extras you guys have received, definitely a nice little extra,

@theamcguy thanks for the update Bill.

And like many others here, I have been buying Bosch tools and accessories way before I knew about this site.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Wow you boys blew it! I havent been here lately I had trouble accessing the site maybe from FireFox. IDK When I got through like now I tried to contact BTP and never got an answer.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

If I’m not mistaken, I think they did have a Thank You rewards at some point early on before I came here. It didn’t work and was removed IIRC.

Is this why there is thank you beside the quote & reply button.

I like posting and reading about tools and equipment and projects,
    I have passed posting 10 posts a few times, it’s not just the fact we can get them free, it’s the input and opinions I have received over the years,

I feel the same way. The tools I redeem for I had help choosing from the members of the forum. For example I would have never picked the 18V Blower. But I heard great feedback about on here.

I’m not the most talented or most experienced guy here, but I try.

You sound like me Brian. But I have alot fun trying. I also like sharing what I have learnt.

Greg

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I just dropped by because of some Sears news they sent me and saw you guys chatting. Just read all your posts. Hope it works out good for everyone. This has been a great group.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 945 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.263 seconds