dcsimg

Rewards Redemption

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 945 total)
  • Author

There was some talk of changes coming. Maybe we will see some WOC 2019 is over. It is hard to say what will happen.

Hopefully they signed up new members at WOC

Curious to know if BTP is being promoted or featured by Bosch at WOC? If it’s not then we probably know the answer.

That would be a definite no. Not enough traffic here and definitely not enough good content to give them any promotional advantage. They can send out tools to guys on Instagram and get thousands of views and comments. there are maybe ten people that post here regularly.

I think Jim used to go to the WOC ? Unless. I’m mistaken
    This is a good site , but I think you guys are right about the traffic, definitely not as much as IG I would imagine.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

There was some talk of changes coming. Maybe we will see some WOC 2019 is over. It is hard to say what will happen.

Hopefully they signed up new members at WOC

Curious to know if BTP is being promoted or featured by Bosch at WOC? If it’s not then we probably know the answer.

That would be a definite no. Not enough traffic here and definitely not enough good content to give them any promotional advantage. They can send out tools to guys on Instagram and get thousands of views and comments. there are maybe ten people that post here regularly.

I think Jim used to go to the WOC ? Unless. I’m mistaken
    This is a good site , but I think you guys are right about the traffic, definitely not as much as IG I would imagine.

It’s true that there are only a good handful of us posting and interacting on the site with any frequency, but BTP still shows up, at least for me, pretty high in Google searches for Bosch tools and some of the articles too. So maybe some of the traffic here is just very specific, and research based. You never know how many lurkers are out there just reading without saying anything.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

You never know how many lurkers are out there just reading without saying anything.

Those lurker numbers can be quite high. I know on one woodworking forum when they kinda froced people to sign up and login or otherwise you couldn’t see pics any longer, the membership went from a few thousand to over 20K members within a year.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Your right Brian this a good site. It might not be the forum that it was set out to be. IG might get more traffic then the forum. But really could you call it good traffic. I have IG and find ok. I don’t spend much time on there. Maybe that is just me. I have learnt more on the BTP forum then IG.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Your right Brian this a good site. It might not be the forum that it was set out to be. IG might get more traffic then the forum. But really could you call it good traffic. I have IG and find ok. I don’t spend much time on there. Maybe that is just me. I have learnt more on the BTP forum then IG.

Isn’t the instant grams mostly a pic site with a limited number of letters you can use or is the the twitter??

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Isn’t the instant grams mostly a pic site with a limited number of letters you can use or is the the twitter??

That’s Twitter. IG you can post a whole book if you wanted, lol. And some people do.

Charlie

Instagram

I also have picked up great tips and ideas from BTP
    But also have found great information and helpful tips and tricks from I G
    Some great pros on I G

As a side question…does anyone have a non-starlock 18v OMT they want to sell? I have a buddy looking for one. Thanks!!

I guess @overanalyze he’s looking for a Bosch,, or any brand?

Yeah looking for a Bosch 18v non-starlock. Can’t find one anywhere. I am not a fan of the Starlock…expensive blades and really not needed…imho…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah looking for a Bosch 18v non-starlock. Can’t find one anywhere. I am not a fan of the Starlock…expensive blades and really not needed…imho…

Check eBay I have found a lot of recently discontinued tools there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Yeah looking for a Bosch 18v non-starlock. Can’t find one anywhere. I am not a fan of the Starlock…expensive blades and really not needed…

Good point. Once they got away from the original Fein Allen Key style to clamp a blade on, why are there so many different types now? Seems ridiculous.

I accidentally bought a couple of Starlock “Max” blades in a large purchase of OMT blades I made when I got my 18V Starlock last year. I just realized this recently and fortunately I hadn’t went and un-clamshelled them. Just got off the phone with Mississauga Hardware where I bought them in May and they said I could send them back for a store credit. It’s gonna cost me $11 in parcel postage, but it’s better than having them sit around and do nothing.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yeah looking for a Bosch 18v non-starlock. Can’t find one anywhere. I am not a fan of the Starlock…expensive blades and really not needed…

Good point. Once they got away from the original Fein Allen Key style to clamp a blade on, why are there so many different types now? Seems ridiculous.

I accidentally bought a couple of Starlock “Max” blades in a large purchase of OMT blades I made when I got my 18V Starlock last year. I just realized this recently and fortunately I hadn’t went and un-clamshelled them. Just got off the phone with Mississauga Hardware where I bought them in May and they said I could send them back for a store credit. It’s gonna cost me $11 in parcel postage, but it’s better than having them sit around and do nothing.

What’s the difference you get with the “max”?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Basically Bosch makes both an OMT and corresponding accessories as Starlock, Starlock Plus, and to my chagrin a Starlock Max.

Not sure, but I think the Starlock Max might be Bosch’s version of the larger construction intended Fein SuperCut.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Basically Bosch makes both an OMT and corresponding accessories as Starlock, Starlock Plus, and to my chagrin a Starlock Max.

Not sure, but I think the Starlock Max might be Bosch’s version of the larger construction intended Fein SuperCut.

And there’s something different in the blades so that the max don’t fit the super?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

And there’s something different in the blades so that the max don’t fit the super?

Actually, I found this ProTools review from years ago when the whole Starock thing was released. The Starlock system is a joint Bosch and Fein initiative, much like SDS was with Bosch and Hilti back in the 70s. The Starlock Max is the heavier duty of the system and is what Fein evolved their SuperCut OMTs to as well now referring them to Starlock Max just as Bosch does also.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/accessories/fein-starlock-oscillating-multi-tool-system/20349/

Makes sense as I recall a few years back one of the retailers offering the Fein SuperCuts at discouted prices which I’d never seen before. Basically what I didn’t realize til now was that they were simply getting rid of their SuperCuts as Fein was about to introduce the Starlock Max series along with Bosch.

I came semi-close at the time to snagging one of those SuperCuts, but I just didn’t feel I’d overly need it as I already had two older corded Feins at the time and even at a discount, they were still over $500 or something up there in price.

redwood
    Pro

Getting back to redemptions, on Monday I sent another request to BTP for a redemption, no word back yet.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

Getting back to redemptions, on Monday I sent another request to BTP for a redemption, no word back yet.

I’m about to send a reminder too as I suspect that she’s back from WOC now.

redwood
    Pro

just got a response back from BTP, yeah. The item I requested, the 12V max flex click 5in1 is out of stock. Sigh.

It’s really tough for me to figure out what to get. I don’t need anything really. I picked the 5-1, just because I don’t have one.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

just got a response back from BTP, yeah. The item I requested, the 12V max flex click 5in1 is out of stock. Sigh.

It’s really tough for me to figure out what to get. I don’t need anything really. I picked the 5-1, just because I don’t have one.

That’s a bummer – and I was thinking about putting that on my list too.

Charlie

Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well at least you know now Mark. Wonder how long it will be out of stock?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just resent too, to both addresses.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 945 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.844 seconds