dcsimg

Rewards Redemption

This topic contains 846 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 847 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@redwood & others,, It does look like it’s over.. 🙁
    I sent in for a redemption yesterday afternoon and got this message back.

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

“Address not found
    Your message wasn’t delivered to points@bethepro.com because the address couldn’t be found, or is unable to receive mail.
    LEARN MORE”

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@redwood & others,, It does look like it’s over.. 🙁

“Address not found
    Your message wasn’t delivered to points@bethepro.com because the address couldn’t be found, or is unable to receive mail.
    LEARN MORE”

Oh wow this is not good. Thanks for sharing Dirty!

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

redwood & others,, It does look like it’s over.. 🙁

“Address not found
    LEARN MORE”

I got the same thing this morning. Maybe it’s only a glitch. But it’s not looking good.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe it’s only a glitch.

Good thought RonW,,,,

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well I just resent it to this addy, bethepro@bethepro.com And nothing came back yet.

Dirty

redwood
    Pro

I’ve known this gift of a forum wouldn’t last forever, but I can’t believe that Bosch would shut it down without some kind of warning. They could take a pretty good PR hit if they did so.

There is also the issue of not honoring their promise to award rewards. In theory, I can see that being subject to a lawsuit, though it probably wouldn’t be worth it unless it was some sort of class action suit.

Hopefully it is just a glitch, they have happened before.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Hopefully it’s a glitch.

Or may be the recent emails sent to Bosch asking about BTP support triggered something.

Oh well, I didn’t get any freebies from Bosch…except may be the freak hopefully lol.

They should make an announcement and do a last round redemption to be fair to everyone, but I suspect if we read the fine print of the site it probably say the tools for points can change any time at Bosch discretion without notice blah blah blah…

redwood
    Pro

By the way before a lot of you folks were members, there were a few times that Bosch randomly sent out gift boxes. No points or anything. Now those were the days. Here are a couple that I got. Don’t be jealous

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

By the way before a lot of you folks were members, there were a few times that Bosch randomly sent out gift boxes. No points or anything. Now those were the days. Here are a couple that I got. Don’t be jealous

Oh those surprise boxes from Aaron. Those were the days.

Attachments:

Ron

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

More surprise boxes.

Ron

Doobie
    Pro

Man, while I can understand the concern, some of these dire demise comments may be way off base. My thoughts are that when Jim left his duties were passed onto somebody else who simply had been told this site is not a priority in their duties and to now deal with it as a minor priority as time allows.

They didn’t just lay off Jim, apparently it was a significant purge of 10% of their staff. That has a significant effect to offer continued support and services once done. That’s all this may be. Meaning the site is intended to continue but in a much more less attentive way than when Jim was at the helm.

There is still value in my mind to keeping this forum. While the original ‘contractor only’ idea morphed away for the most part over the years, it still offers decent interactions on their tools and jobs that members undertake. It’s a lot harder to set up something new also than to tear down something that still runs along without much fuss – other than our bitchin’ and whinning about redemption request timelines – than to just kill it.

I’ve seen plenty of sites over the years long before the popularity nowadays of IG or whatever see worst declines and keep going for ages. At least here, one of the advantages of it having a rewards sheme is that it truly helps keep people in line. Other non-reward based forums can just get unruly otherwise, suffer from occasional member purgings which often results in true alieanation of other members and subsequent perils for a forum’s participation and/or continued viability.

One suggestion would be maybe to do what Mark mentioned about the freebie surprise rewards for some of the dedicated members here, which are truly sweet, beyond the simple points redemption scheme. Myself, those were some of the best moments I had here with receiving stuff. You just felt ‘valued’ when you got one of those deliveries out of the blue. Some stuff I never used, some I did, but the gesture was magnificent in my mind to create alegiance and dedication from its members.

Anybody at Bosch who follows this forum at all can easily discern who’s a contributor for the most part and those who are lurkers just gaming the whole points thing. I love all you fellow members, (except for @dirtywhiteboy just cuz he’s ‘dirty’ – lol/kidding!) but let’s face it, while Jim had stated at one point that somewhere around 20-30% of a member’s post can be frivilous, getting consistently beyond that threshold is not good. Hard to police such and I know there are a host of dynamics in play just because it is a rewards schema in place as alluded to, but there is still a place for such a forum imo. Especially for us older farts who don’t do the FB-SC-IG etc thing, which I doubt I ever will myself.

My FB ID has been for the most part since I first created it in ’09 dormant. I saw what lesser valued social media it was really early on. Real people with real stuff don’t FB.

Nuff said…for now. ☺

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Wow…. I guess I joined the group to late! lol I have got some nice things with the points though.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Sorry to say but if the end is here, we have on one to blame but ourselves. Bosch put out a great site with incredible rewards opportunities only to have everyone complain about the time it takes to get them or to get a response to an email. Tens of thousands of points have been racked up by members complaining about the site, I would shut it down if I were them.

This site is supposed to be about Content, Construction and woodworking content, not complaints. Take your wining somewhere else.

I post very little anymore, maybe a half dozen posts a week, because there is so little real content to reply to. Stick to the topics and the focus of the site and we would not be worrying about points or redemption’s.

We used to have great discussions about tools and projects, but not it is all about “poor me” I have not heard back on a request. The value of a site like this to Bosch, is applicable content and visibility. All the wining and complaining that has come lately diminishes the value of the site and therefore the value to our sponsor.

There is no place else on the web that has the reward opportunities like this site, and in my opinion, those opportunities have been taken advantage of by many.

If you want the site to be taken seriously, stop posting crap like “it is cold today” and create and post relevant information of new and interesting projects that people are genuinely interested in.

If you are making your 10 posts a day, everyday, to max out your posts and points, you are probably part of the problem.

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger from “Kindergarten Cop” “STOP WHINING!”

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Getting brown all over your nose doesn’t help the site either.
    All anyone is asking is that we get some response from Bosch on what is happening.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Not trying to brown nose, just stating facts. Crying over and over again that the sky is falling is getting sickening.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I actually had a conversation with Jim about this a couple years ago. I too was thinking about how generous Bosch was, and couldn’t understand how they could just pass out tools left and right. I also agree about the content of most of the posts here. I too post very sparingly her now. There are several here who post their 10 times a day, just to get the points. It has become blatantly obvious that some are here just for the freebies.

Jim actually felt that Bosch could keep this up indefinitely. He was convinced that with their deep pockets, they would spend the money to build a formidable site. I remain unconvinced, and the recent drought of tool payouts seems to indicate that maybe Bosch has gotten wise to what goes on here.

It is unfortunate, but I do enjoy reading posts and contributing. I have had changes at work that take most of my time these days and I have not had time to post much. But, I still try to contribute. I have not redeemed anything for awhile – my last redemption was for the Flexi drill when it came out.

I remember the early days of the boxes appearing and containing stuff that you had posted about in recent threads. It is too bad the number of members and content has gone down. It is what it is. I am active on a couple of forums and they all seem to have been in a decline for the last couple of years.

Orange County, CA

redwood
    Pro

I have to agree with Kurt and Warren, regarding the fluff. I don’t know if is any worse then previously, but I tired of it and left the forum for awhile. It just didn’t seem fair to Bosch and the other sponsors.
    Here is just one example: Topic: Today I used my Bosch
    Response: I listend to my PB360 radio.

I listen to a Bosch radio everyday, but I’ve never grabbed points for it.

I’m actually amazed that this has gone on so long. Either Bosch didn’t know what was going on or they didn’t have a way to stop it without eliminating the rewards program all together. I know there were discussions way back, but apparently the ideas to limit things were not easily workable. Thus the limiting of # of posts per day, from no limits, then 20, and now I guess 10 posts per day. They also increased the # of points required to redeem a tool.

Anyways, I didn’t start this topic to whine, I was just trying to help my son and was wondering what the time frame was these days. If Bosch wants to close this down or eliminate the rewards all together, I’m OK with that. But I do hope and think Bosch should honor those that have point balances. Leaving everything up in the air, does no one any favors.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I think that someone at Bosch monitors this site – the @bethepro was active 16 days ago. So someone is monitoring things from time to time.

Orange County, CA

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

Oh those surprise boxes from Aaron. Those were the days.

that was a good day got home and there was a box of tools was very grateful for them

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 847 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.993 seconds