dcsimg

Rewards Redemption

This topic contains 421 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 3 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 422 total)
  • Author

redwood
    Pro

So it’s been a long time since I tried to redeem any points. Is this still working? I emailed a request last week and haven’t heard anything or lost any points.
    I only ask because I was sending the reward to one of my sons, in the air force, who just bought a hundred year old house and doesn’t have any tools. He probably could have used the tools last week.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

So it’s been a long time since I tried to redeem any points. Is this still working? I emailed a request last week and haven’t heard anything or lost any points.
    I only ask because I was sending the reward to one of my sons, in the air force, who just bought a hundred year old house and doesn’t have any tools. He probably could have used the tools last week.

Things changed dramatically with wait times on redemptions since Jim left earlier in the year. Be prepared to wait upwards of two months in some cases Mark. It is what it is right now.

Sending in follow up requests of ‘what’s happening with my request’ does nothing. Don’t expect to see a reply for weeks that your request is being processed and from then, you can expect weeks longer for it to actually arrive. You want a tracking number when it does ship? …..forget that. It doesn’t happen.

Patience is the key, and also required now. BIG TIME. Again, it is what it is.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Good to hear from you Mark, From what everyone says, things are a little slower than they used to be. My last redemption went fine, but that was a couple of months ago. The people have changed and I do not think there is as much emphases on the site as there used to be.

Are you doing well? Keeping busy in your retirement?

Mark, @redwood I sent my request in closer to 7 weeks ago, I am still being patient, but this is pretty sad compared to the support we received from Jim.

Will

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Things are pretty slow. I have got a follow up replies and lately I haven’t hear anything back. Kevin is right you just have to be patience.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Well, just think the guy from Shawshank Redemption waited 19 years using a tiny rock hammer chipping out a tunnel then crawled through a filthy sewer line to get his final redemption.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Things are pretty slow. I have got a follow up replies and lately I haven’t hear anything back. Kevin is right you just have to be patience.

At least they could have visited BTP at least once and wrote a short post what is going on that someone else is taking care of it now.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

At least they could have visited BTP at least once and wrote a short post what is going on that someone else is taking care of it now.

My thoughts exactly. At least a short email explaining what is going on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I agree. Communication is very important. I am not sure why they haven’t.

Greg

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I haven’t been on this forum all that much lately, sad to hear this. Does the rewards list get updated much?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I haven’t been on this forum all that much lately, sad to hear this. Does the rewards list get updated much?

The rewards list hasn’t been updated since the end of last year from what I remember.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think someone posted on another thread that they were/are super busy with the freak contest lately and may be don’t have time for divided attention elsewhere. So may be wait some more and hopefully things will move along again.

But if you have a short term need for any tools I wouldn’t count on this. I put in a request this week for extra and spare hole saws and bits stuff I don’t need now nothing I depends on for a task or job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

RW there’s a lot of us that are 6 weeks out and have heard nothing. We don’t know what’s up.. It may be over?
    The redemption before last I sent in for 5 big masonry drill bits and were told they didn’t have any of them? IDK?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

redwood
    Pro

We don’t know what’s up.. It may be over?

Well, unless Bosch has gone bankrupt, I don’t see how they could cut us completely off without notifying us.

I don’t actually need anything at this time. I was just hoping I could help out my son without packing up some of my extra’s and shipping it to him. I thought it might be a brilliant idea of mine, to help him this way. I guess not.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

CB
    Pro

I submitted my first (and only) redemption request back in June.

It is now October, and I have not received anything.

They did subtract my points though, so it is clear that the redemption request was received.

I have emailed them once a month, which doesn’t seem too excessive, compared to those who have reported being concerned after not hearing anything back in a week. I haven’t heard anything back in months.

If BTP wishes to end the reward program, then they should cease advertising the opportunity to “earn rewards” by contributing content to their forum. To have promised members rewards in exchange for points earned by participating in the forums, and then to not send the rewards, has the appearance of operating in bad faith, and is lacking in corporate integrity.

For a corporation the size of Bosch to offer inducements to participate and contribute to one of their internet properties, and then simply ignore their end of the bargain that they themselves devised, does not represent the quality of company that inspires trust.

I no longer post substantive, subject oriented content on this forum as a result. It isn’t that the rewards themselves are that meaningful. I buy my own tools, and do so all the time. I don’t need to write for them. I work for them. No, the rewards are simply representative tokens. Likewise, the lack of followup on the representations that Bosch made at the outset of garnering membership participation is emblematic not just of a lack of appreciation (which would be perfectly understandable, as few other forums offer rewards)… the failure to deliver on what was represented is emblematic of a lack of principles.

And it is that deficit in principles that is disappointing.

redwood
    Pro

Wow @cb that is really disappointing to hear.

Question for others, are there any active moderators still here? If so, do they/or can they make contact with anyone at Bosch?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow @cb that is really disappointing to hear.

Question for others, are there any active moderators still here? If so, do they/or can they make contact with anyone at Bosch?

The only active one I’ve seen lately is @chadm and he only stops in every 2 weeks or so. Oh and Dan,, is he a mod?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I thought it might be a brilliant idea of mine, to help him this way. I guess no

It is a great idea Mark. It is too bad it is not working out for you.

Greg

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

This is sad to read even though I’ve been away. Been a hectic year at the new house and no internt

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I don’t think anybody at Bosch reads anything here any longer. At least that’s the impression I get. It’s like we’ve been set adrift.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 422 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.046 seconds