dcsimg

Review, Skil Wormdrive Table Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My local tool shop has them for $369.99

That’s not a bad price plus Mark gave it a good review.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I mentioned earlier, it is a little quieter then my DeWalt table saws, but it’s certainly not quiet. Sorry, I don’t have a sound meter.

Mark,
    How about a video of the Skilsaw running up against your Dewalt? That would give us some idea on sound.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

hey mark @redwood
    One of the Bosch Reps at WOC told me that this saw is one of the quietest contractor saws on the market. what do you think about the noise?

I mentioned earlier, it is a little quieter then my DeWalt table saws, but it’s certainly not quiet. Sorry, I don’t have a sound meter.

ok thanks. didnt see it where you mentioned it 😛
    I was just a bit skeptical when the rep said you can barely hear the saw running lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

redwood
    Pro

How about a video of the Skilsaw running up against your Dewalt? That would give us some idea on sound.

I’d love to, but I’m lost when it comes to posting videos and probably too old to pick it up.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d love to, but I’m lost when it comes to posting videos and probably too old to pick it up.

That’s fine, I don’t need a video. I’m happy to have got the pics,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

hey mark @redwood
    One of the Bosch Reps at WOC told me that this saw is one of the quietest contractor saws on the market. what do you think about the noise?

One of those semi-useless characteristics that’s on a bullet list of talking points for selling them. Whoopdy-friggin-doo!

Right if it’s too loud turn up the radio,lol..

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well haven’t lower sound isn’t a bad thing, when you are working with neighbours around, it is quieter and leads to less neighbours complaining either of the sound of construction or the sound of the radio. You know how some neighbours are @doobie they complain about everything.

redwood
    Pro

I did apparently learn that the smallest rip before you need to remove the blade guard is 1″. That seems wrong, as the smaller the rip, the closer your hands would be to the blade. The fence hits the blade guard at 1″.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

I see what your saying @redwood but they probably want you to use a push stick at that point so really your hands won’t be close.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I did apparently learn that the smallest rip before you need to remove the blade guard is 1″. That seems wrong, as the smaller the rip, the closer your hands would be to the blade. The fence hits the blade guard at 1″.

It’s that way on most saws. That’s why I never keep one on very long before it goes into a box somewhere to never be seen again.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

hey mark @redwood

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>One of those semi-useless characteristics that’s on a bullet list of talking points for selling them. Whoopdy-friggin-doo!

Well IMO I dont care so much about it.
    (I use most of the time ear protection anyways)
    I was just curious and I received an answer right from a person who owns that saw 😛
    Those bosch reps can tell you a lot when they day is long

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hey that works for engine and suspension noises too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

I’m not sure even the PB 360 is loud enough to drown out the table saw and dust collector.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’m not sure how I missed this, I was trying to keep an eye out for a review after seeing you got this saw. Thanks for taking the time, looks like a nice set up.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m not sure even the PB 360 is loud enough to drown out the table saw and dust collector.

You may be right that is a lot of noise.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

That’s the one thing I really don’t like about dust collectors. They are to darn loud.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s the one thing I really don’t like about dust collectors. They are to darn loud.

yah it is true and my largest one sounds like a jet engine compared to the vac90s. surprisingly the vac90s is pretty decently sounding.

redwood
    Pro

That’s the one thing I really don’t like about dust collectors. They are to darn loud

Compared to all the power tools, the dust collector is probably the quietest. I also love the sound of all that air and dust getting sucked up.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Mark, thanks. I forwarded it on. We appreciate you taking the time to identify a potential bug.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I was just curious and I received an answer right from a person who owns that saw 😛

Oh I did check them out at my local tool shop when they were on a huge sale. The skil rep had a tent set up with all the new Skil tools out for demo. I heard and tried the saw. I didn’t notice it was any better than other saw I own-owned. We do have a big interactive tool shop here. Their tool guarantee is second to none.

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.401 seconds