dcsimg

Review, Skil Wormdrive Table Saw

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

The blade is a 40 tooth carbide Diablo blade.

Is the Riving knife as thin as the Diablo blade?

They say it is 3 paper thickness’s smaller on both sides. I couldn’t tell with my eyes. They also make a important point that the blade cannot be any thinner then this blade, i.e.the riving knife has to be thinner then the saw kerf.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

That looks identical to the GTS1031

Does the stand have two front clips? The GTA500 stand only has one

The stand has 1 clip in the front and 1 in the rear, on opposite sides.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

Thanks for taken the Time to do review on that bad boy saw . From the other review guys there pretty happy with it . They’ve been using it on job site cutting .

You mean I’m not the first one to get this saw. I’m disappointed. Where are the other reviews?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That looks identical to the GTS1031

Does the stand have two front clips? The GTA500 stand only has one

The stand has 1 clip in the front and 1 in the rear, on opposite sides.

No it is not the same stand.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Great first impression review, i like all the safety aspects on the saw, it looks like they haven’t spared any expense on this one.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mark, Thank you you the fine review. How is the noise level compared to your other table saws?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Thanks for taken the Time to do review on that bad boy saw . From the other review guys there pretty happy with it . They’ve been using it on job site cutting .

You mean I’m not the first one to get this saw. I’m disappointed. Where are the other reviews?

I think Rob Robilard did a review on the saw. Rob always gets the cool stuff first lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think Rob Robilard did a review on the saw. Rob always gets the cool stuff first lol.

I did a quick google search and came up with no reviews of this saw.
    Did find a promo video.
    https://youtu.be/2L-SAn3IcqQ

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@redwood, wow great review and write up, very detailed. Even though I rarely use a table saw,
    This one looks nice, I also like the baby Bosch,
    You said it doesn’t have the soft start up, how did find the start up comparison to another tool / table you have or have used with the soft start
    Maybe because it’s worm drive that they cannot have the soft start.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The blade is a 40 tooth carbide Diablo blade.

Is the Riving knife as thin as the Diablo blade?

They say it is 3 paper thickness’s smaller on both sides. I couldn’t tell with my eyes. They also make a important point that the blade cannot be any thinner then this blade, i.e.the riving knife has to be thinner then the saw kerf.

Mark, ThanX
    At least they warn not to put a thinner blade on.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

There’s a couple of guys on Instagram who do tool reviews @RonW . That’s where I find most of the newer equipment coming out .

Always willing to learn .

redwood
    Pro

Great first impression review, i like all the safety aspects on the saw, it looks like they haven’t spared any expense on this one.

I don’t think they have added anything that is not on most saws these days, but they have made it much easier to put them on and take them off. Also, since they have a storage spot under the table, I’m not as likely to lose them and just maybe, use them.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

redwood
    Pro

For some reason, every time I post a response on this topic, I get unsubscribed.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

For some reason, every time I post a response on this topic, I get unsubscribed.

Maybe @bethepro can bring that to the attention of the developer.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie

Twenty five inch rip capacity. It doesn’t look like it can do that without an extension. Is there a side extension?

redwood
    Pro

Twenty five inch rip capacity. It doesn’t look like it can do that without an extension. Is there a side extension?

I guess you missed this pic. Proof is in the pic.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

I guess you missed this pic. Proof is in the pic.

I did miss that pic. And I even went back in the thread looking for such a pic. That makes more sense now.

Have you ever tried or owned any of the Bosch saws like the 1031 or the 4100? If so, how does it compare? Seems by the comments it is basically more like the 1031 than the 4100.

I wonder if it would fit on the gravity rise stand normally intended for the 4100? Does the owners manual indicate that there is a gravity rise stand compatible with it?

redwood
    Pro

I wonder if it would fit on the gravity rise stand normally intended for the 4100? Does the owners manual indicate that there is a gravity rise stand compatible with it?

I didn’t see anything that mentioned a gravity stand. I haven’t owned any of the Bosch Table saws. I’ve had the DeWalt rack and pinion fences for quite awhile now and it’s tough to go back to a more conventional fence.

The base of this saw is tubular, though it does have holes drilled for mounting on other bases. I’m not sure how the gravity stand accepts saws. I would like it if it did. I’d rather be able to move the saw around more easily when not in use..

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve had the DeWalt rack and pinion fences for quite awhile now and it’s tough to go back to a more conventional fence.

I wonder If DeWalt has a patent on that rack-n-pinion fence. I see no one had copied it?? I would agree it’s a great portable table saw and the one to beat.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Maybe @bethepro can bring that to the attention of the developer.

We sent it off to them. If there is a way to document it in screenshots, that would be helpful.

We’ll see what we can do. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.460 seconds